cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Do you think you want Vodafone Broadband ?

rogerha
4: Newbie

Then think again. My last two weeks experience bullet pointed down so you don't have to endure what I have; the hours on the phone, the countless messages and as I write this is all still not fixed. Before I write this it might be pertinent to note that I have been a mobile customer for 22 conescutive years paying a monthly direct debit all that time.

• Ordered VF BB
  • A day later logged into My Vodafone, no services associated with my account, can't see my mobile bill.
  • Rang VF, tell me that My Vodafone has never  been activiated. Short exchange of views where I mention I have had the service for years, setup My Vodafone again, all my services including my new Broadband are in there.
  • BB delivered and activated.
  • WAN drops every few hours for 5 minutes at a time, put it down to training period.
  • Wireless doesn't work with Sky Q, no TV in the bedroom. Rebuild Sky Q, some service but frequently dropping out.
  • WiFi dropping frequently, and WAN, service not good enough compared to previous service.
  • Get a message on my home phone that my bill is overdue
  • Get texts to my mobile that my bill is overdue
  • Call VF, there is no PIN activated on my account. There had been for at least 10 years. Reacivated PIN.
  • Finally get through that and they confirm my bill is overdue. I check my bank account they haven't taken the direct debit. I remind them there has been a direct debit setup for 22 years, but apparently it has now gone. They locate it on my 'old account', transfer the details and all is well (?)
  • Hive now drops off the WiFi after being stable for 18 months, no heating, no hot water
  • Call VF ask for my PPPOA details to put my own stable router on. Not allowed.
  • Escalated - Still not allowed 
  • Escalated Again - Not allowed and the answer will not change no matter how much I escalate. Ask what the solution will be, told that since I am in my cooling off period the best thing I can do is leave.
  • Questioned this, told it is the best option. Asked what would be done about my £50 connection fee, told it would be kept. Some exchange of views, situation reversed and I agree to find another provider
  • Log a ticket with the offical complaints team worried about my billing issues and anticipated credit, no confidence they will be resolved. To date, no response received
  • Few days later, missed call from a Rotherham number
  • Text from Rotherham number, my bill is overdue
  • Call Rotherham number, asked for digits for PIN, get cut off by agent
  • Call Rotherham number again, asked for digits for PIN, told I haven't got one. Challenged this, and told there isn't one and authenticate via text
  • Agent confirms bill overdue, ask wky the DD hasn't been taken
  • Can't get into payment system, promises call back
  • No call back, repeated calls to Rotherham number doesn't work
  • Call 191, can't do anything to help me as all of the 'systems are down' (I suspect they use VF Broadband). Offers a call back, I just laugh.

So here I am now, with an 'overdue account', no response to my complaint, nobody can deal with my situation because the systems are down, patchy broadband, and a rather poor customer experience.

So if you are thinking about moving to Vodafone, I hope this helps you make your mind up.

32 REPLIES 32

@markdotjames - 5 weeks of your life you won't get back :Smiling: Really pleased you're nearly there though, but really, it shouldn't be this difficult for any of us.

Good work, hope you reach resolution.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rogerha This isn't good to hear. 

So we can look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

@lyonsj400, don't lose faith if you really want to leave and you have a strong enough case:

If your broadband or phone supplier fails to let you cancel your contract and you have followed the rules your first step should be to speak to the customer service department.

Top Tip: If you do this, make sure to keep a record of who you speak to and what was said. You should also keep copies of any correspondence between you.

If the issue is still not resolved after you have complained to the company itself,  your next course of action will be to ask for 'deadlock letter'. 

This essentially allows you to bring a complaint against the company through an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme, which acts as an impartial middleman in figuring out a resolution between you and the provider

Telecoms companies must be a member of one of two of these schemes, either the Ombudsman Services: Communications or the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS).

But be warned, this is not a quick process and it can take up to eight weeks before you get an answer from the resolution scheme.