Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Do you think you want Vodafone Broadband ?

4: Newbie

Ok. 24 hours after the the email putting me through security I get an e-mail saying it wasn't successful, apparently my postcode is wrong now. I moved house 12 months ago, tried to update my details in 'My Vodafone'. Now call me a pessimist, but do you think that has worked ? Another 5 minute wait for my broadband to come back to edit this post - anyway - it has occurred to me that they successfully sent me my new shiny and overall useless broadband router to the right postcode. Yes, they seemed to know it then, but they don't know it now....... How strange.

I can't wait to start mailing out this entire thread on Social Media, customer service at its most diabolical. Actually calling it customer service is a joke. They have invented 'Customer Antagonist'. Or even 'What is a customer, and do we care ?'

View more options

Well the sage continues. After trying to get through security again over e-mail last night, i have heard nothing more.

However new random texts have started to arrive this morning 'My fixed line order has been cancelled', whatever that means.

View more options

@rogerha

You can call 08080 034 515 to speak to our dedicated Broadband team, (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

We also have a Broadband team available on Live Chat

View more options

Thanks @Sukhi, I am pleased to say that as of 8am this morning I am not a broadband customer anymore, and have enjoyed perfectly stable internet for the past 3 hours. I have TV in my bedroom again and all of my devices are working in perfect harmony. Even better than that the new Sky Q hub has meshed with all of my other Sky Q equipment so now I have amazing WiFi coverage.

Vodafone however still haven't responded to my complaint, responded to my private message from this very forum, responded to the fact that my Sure Signal failed last week and still haven't given me the refund of my Broadband connection fee after telling me to leave.

View more options

Progress... maybe today is my day. A very helpful chap just e-mailed me regarding my private message and is kindly going to ship me a new Sure Signal. Only the complaints team and my broadband connection fee to go. Unless of course anything else crops up in the mean time. I wonder if this had anything to do with me e-mailing the COO of Customer Support at Vodafone overnight, or just coincidence.

View more options

It seems the e-mail overnight wasn't a coincidence. Just received a very pleasant e-mail responding to my overnight message advising me that the credit for my connection fee has been applied to my account and apologising profusely for the service I have received. I have already had the communicatoin regarding my Sure Signal this morning, so that finally appears to be my situation resolved.

Just a shame really that it became such a protracted and painful process.

Thanks for the supporting comments on this thread.

View more options

@rogerha

Thanks for updating us with your progress. I'm glad everything has been resolved. 

View more options

@Sukhi, so is this the way we all need to go to get our issues resolved?

Email the COO?

View more options

@lyonsj400

If you let us know what issues you're having, we'll be happy to assist you.

View more options

Well - you thought I had gone. Sailed off into the sunset like some smug customer who found a route through the 'system'. I must confess, I thought it was too good to be true. An e-mail today back to the 'Directors Office' who had allegedly brought an end to the situation:

Hi,

I am afraid this is still not resolved. I missed a call from the Vodafone Rotherham number on Friday, took the call today.

1) They still thought that my address is my old address, despite multiple attempts to change this, havd to give my old address details to get through security.
2) They still thought I have fixed line/broadband services from Vodafone, despite this being allegedly cancelled and gone.
3) I didn't get as far as settling the reason for the call because I am afraid I lost my temper at the poor chap who called me out of regrettable frustration on my part, but there was an implication of an outstanding balance before he hung up on me (understandably).

Please help me resolve this, I have become frustrated to the point of anger and that is not fair on the people that are calling me, but this simply cannot continue.

So - are we saying even the directors office cannot resolve the confusion and poor organsiation that is Vodafone ? Let's find out.......

View more options
3: Seeker

I feel for you Smiley Sad

I am almost sorted, finally got a call back from a manager (only took 5 weeks), had 2 phone calls from the complaint resolution team, getting somewhere with teach regarding my issues, the problems are not resolved but someone is actually talking with me so getting there now.

Hope you get sorted @Rogerha

View more options

@markdotjames - 5 weeks of your life you won't get back Smiley Happy Really pleased you're nearly there though, but really, it shouldn't be this difficult for any of us.

Good work, hope you reach resolution.

View more options

@rogerha This isn't good to hear. 

So we can look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

View more options