Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fibre Activation delay

Katielou23
2: Seeker

Ok so I have chosen to switch from absolutely rubbish standard talk talk internet to Vodafone fibre 38 my activation date was 2nd of may just gone... on the 3rd I contacted customer services to say I have no service to be told openreach have had to do "extra work at the exchange" can anyone tell me what this means? I know of the issues people have with openreach at times and I do understand this is not necessarily vodafones fault BUT it's costed my household a fortune in extra data this week for all of our mobiles and it's not something I'd like to carry on doing! I was apparently due an update from the delays team by 2pm today but I have just myself spoke to customer services who have explained they don't have an update from openreach as of yet... what does extra work at the exchange mean anyone and when are we likely to be connected?! 

7 REPLIES 7

Katielou23

Update! 2 mins after this post I received a message to say an engineer is booked for Monday to visit the cabinet,.. does this mean we will be activated?

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

"extra work at the exchange" sounds like a bit of a fob off tbh but you never know there may have been something needing to be done, exactly what it's unlikely you'll ever know though it's worth asking the Openreach engineer if they visit you house on Monday.

Usually, when the engineer visits the cabinet you'll be up and running that day. The visit to the cabinet involves physically connecting the Fibre to your phone line. You'll likely be without a connection for a short time whilst the engineer does this but they usually give you a call to let you know when they're doing it.

Hope it all goes fine on Monday, let us know how you get on :smileyhappy:

Thanks for both of your reply! I hope it is today we go live I'm getting major earache from my family at this point as our talk talk went offline last tuesday, now 6 days ago! it's now the date the engineer was promised to switch on our services and we did indeed see an openreach van park outside the cabinet around an hour and a half ago for little more than maybe 2 minutes before driving off and he hasn't returned 🙈 I never thought in a million years getting connected to the internet would drive me so mad! I have checked my number against the openreach fibre checker and it says there's an open order on my line that's due to be completed by the 12th may... 10 days after the promised activation date and another 4 days from now! Am I being lied to by the Vodafone broadband team? I'm starting to think I am! X

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Katielou23

That's not good to hear.

Has your connection been turned on since you posted?

No such luck I'm afraid! 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Katielou23

As we're unable to access this information via the Community, please call our Braodaband support team on 08080 034 515 (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) lines are open Monday-Sunday between 8am and 11pm.

Thanks.

Soofla
10: Established
10: Established
Ah, Vodafone and their delays. When I went live last year I was given a date that landed on a Monday - my BT connection went offline at midnight Sunday/Monday. Monday came and went.....I eventually went live late on the Thursday evening. Fingers crossed it will be a quick fix and you'll be connected before you even read this reply!