Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fibre activation openreach delay over 4 weeks

lhopkins1983
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, im wondering if anyone has suffered the same. I decided to switch my sky fibre to vodafone on 29th may and was given an activation date of 14th june, which seemed reasonable. However ths date passed with no activation and obviously sky cut me off. Upon talking to vodafone advisors they informed me that my order was stuck in the system somehere, 2 weeks later i call again and am told that there is an openreach issue on my line and i had to wait 5 working days for open reach to correct the fault. 5 days later i call again and am told that openreach need to rebuild my order, again i wait 5 days and recieve a call saying it will be another 5 days, The vodafone advisor also told me i might want to start looking at other providers. I explored my options with other providers such as BT, however they informed me that an order i ould place would be rejected on their system because of this openreach fault, even if i took out a new phone number. I feel so helpless because i cannot speak to openreach myself and feel as if there is no urgencty being shown. Surely someone at voadfone can speak to openreach to find out what the hell is going on as i am now 6 weeks from when i initailly ordered. I fileled a complaint with vodafone and have still not heard anything from it. thanks for any help

1 REPLY 1

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lhopkins1983      

So we can help you further, please folow the instructions in the private message I've just sent.