Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New customer - impressed!

Roger-Harrow
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I don't have a problem! I'm sure most of the posts here arrive because a customer has a problem. I did have one on the day of connection (23rd May) but this was resolved when I phoned in the following morning. It seems the system defaults to having all content blocked but because the paperwork does not get completed before connection day it's not possible to enable anything via 'my vodafone' at this point. However, your operator Sam sorted me out with no delay. Also the helpline was answered immediately - not something one always gets from a voicemail system.

Just one thing to mention which might help people - when logged in to the router one is pushed - hard - to change the WiFi password from the default. Very sensible! However, there are a couple of issues which you might like to point out to new customers. If you use a phrase for the WiFi password and it contains spaces it doesn't work. No error is shown, but wireless devices fail authentication. Also one is required to use at least one symbol - but they don't all work (the £ sign is one example). In this case there is an error message so correcting it is rather more obvious.

Apart from that, no problems and the system is FAST! Maybe I'm lucky and live in a 'good' area.

Thank you again for providing a good service. Also the fact that you can be contacted by phone and are not on a premium rate number. Obviously if there's a problem with the broadband it might not be possible to get access to a web page. Some of your competitors have not realized that

Roger.

3 REPLIES 3

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Roger-Harrow! Thanks for your post and it's great to see that you're happy with your move to us :smileyvery-happy:

If you have any queries in the future, please don't hesitate to post back to us and we'll be happy to help :smileyhappy:

Yay. Let's all be positive!

I've mostly been with three since 2003. I tried 2 year on vodafon a few years back (2012 ish?) and it wasn't a good experience. poor CS, poor network. I truly believe it has improved. There's been massive investment, and my personal experience has been of a far better network and I think improved CS. The web site/apps have improved wonderfully too.

I've now put my money where my mouth is (and I'll add the V is more expensive than where I came from) and so far it's been working out well. just a few weeks in but happy. Good roaming without silly undocumented restrictions, decent 4G coverage, pretty much mostly "Just works". 

@planetf1 wrote:

Good roaming without silly undocumented restrictions, decent 4G coverage, pretty much mostly "Just works". 

Um, you know this is the Broadband and Home Phone forum, yep?