Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not a very good start

TonyB251
2: Seeker

I placed an order online for fiber but for some reason the order got messed up so I had call sales to get the order done.

When I placed the order I told them that an engineer would need to come out and change the wiring around and change the faceplate from Virgin over to BT Openreach.

I was told no problem you will get a call with your appointment, no call came all I got was a e-mail telling me that I would not need an engineer.

So I called back and was told don't worry that is just an automated e-mail and you will get a call within 48 hours, guess what no call back.

So again I called explained that I knew I would need an egineer to come and was told that a service appointment would me made and again I would get a call back in 48 hours, again no call back.

So today which is when my line is surposed to by active, BT have found a fault on the line with no update, funny what could the fault be. I know perhaps that there is a Virgin line installed where the openreach socket should be, which I have been saying all along.

I  am now being told that it will 72 hours before I get an update on what is going to happen.

I even checked online this morning that if I put my address in for an order it clearly states that I will need an egineer to visit so please tell me why no return of promised phone calls and that I know I need an egineer to visit and yet Vodafone does not.

2 REPLIES 2

TonyB251

l managed to get an Bt engineer out to sort the problem with the line. I think nothing could be done until after it was activated and the fault came up that an engineer could not be booked if they had told me that it would not of been a problem.Only issue now is the wrong package has been ordered 38 instead of 76 but hopefully that should be done soon.

So all in all not a bad outcome and only was down for a day so no real complaint there.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @TonyB251

Sorry to hear about the original issue that you had with your broadband.

It's great to know you're now up and running and it's been resolved for you. If you do come across any issues in the future, please let us know.

Thanks