Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router Fail!

BobbyBrownPants
4: Newbie

***I'm not expecting any support in the Forum it's just a publicised account of my issues

Sept 2015 - Jan 2016

Whole heap of issues: new master socket installed, service downgrade from 75 to 45, loads of phone calls and days off work so BT can attend.

Jan 2016 - Nov 2016

Stable service ish, few drop outs and outages etc. nothing out of the ordinary.

Dec 2016

A 4th switch / hub is plugged into port 4 of the router to provide more wired connections (we now have 4 switches and 15 wired connections).

Outages become more frequent and longer in duration

A DSLAM  issue in the BT cabinet means that DSL reconnections are taking up to 1hr.

We're told that the white routers don't play nice with switches and lots of wired connections. We're offered the option of buying our own router and decline.

A new black router is delivered. 

The DSLAM issue is fixed by BT

Jan 2017 - Feb 2017 

Stable connection

Feb 2017 - Mar 2017

100+ outages

26th March - Firmware downgrade, we're offered the option of buying our own router.

Apr 2017 - May 2017

Stable connection

June 2017

3rd - Firmware upgrade

4th - 18 outages

5th - 4 outages *we went on holiday so no broadband usage

17th - Loss of service (DSL was up, no internal routing) spoke to the Tech Team from Florida to have a soft reboot of the router.

21st - We got back late from our holiday but still had 4 outages

22nd - 6 outages

23rd - 7 outages

24th - 5 outages

25th - 4 outages, called the Tech Team to have a Firmware downgrade. The incident is passed to the Tech 2 Team for resolution. We're offered the option of buying out own router.

1 REPLY 1

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BobbyBrownPants I can see you've stated you're not expecting any support, however I'd like to know how you're getting on. :smileyhappy:

Are you still chatting to Tech 2 and is your issue still ongoing?