Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade to fibre from adsl

maughanorama
4: Newbie

Ok so where to start with this nightmare.. 

I ordered an upgrade from adsl to fibre and recieved a text telling me it would be 5 -7 days.. cool i thought then my wife got a text (same accoynt) saying it woyld be on the 14 th june nearly 3 weeks... so of courae im not happy about that then the 14 rolls up and i haf to phone vodafobe to get an update just to be told ita been delayed to the 16th so by now im steaming...

Anyway today is the 16th. Low and behold by 930 my upgrade is complete. Solid 37 mb all day until 2 hrs ago. My router rebooted and now it will not give me a wan ip address. It does sync and get the db levels and line speed though.

So i phone up trying not to have the hump but its hard you know. Only to be told that its still getting upgraded???????????.. ##~##

The lady on the phone did all she could with i suppose but i would have liked to talk to the 3rd line team as its clearly a back end issue. 

But was told it will be off and on as its a new line.  What a load of rubbish.

Why is it everytime i phone vodafone its a complete hash my problem never gets resolved first time it always seems to drag on 

4 REPLIES 4

maughanorama
4: Newbie

fat thumbs.. i cant edit so you will have to guess the mispelt words

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @maughanorama,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your fibre broadband.

As it's your go live date, you may experience issues while it's been fully set up. Over the next ten days, we'll be completing line tests to optimize your speed.

Please allow until midnight tonight for your new changes to take place.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

yes that would be acceptable if this issue was resolved on friday/saturday but as its now monday evening and still not resolved.

the actuall problem is the router chap password is differnet to the gateway backend server (the logs tells me this PPP CHAP AUTHENTICATION FAILED).

apparantly this takes 24hrs to resolve, not sure how it takes 24hrs to change a password that should have been changed on the day of upgrade.

last time i called up they told me the same speil of another 24hrs so now im having to wait until tomorrow to have my adsl to fibre upgrade completed. thats a total of 4 days maybe 5 if they dont resolve it by tomorrow.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@maughanorama I'm sorry to hear that.

Is everything now up and running for you? Please let us know.