Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Broadband App does not recognise new SSID

chinery
2: Seeker

I used the Vodafone Broadband app for iOS quite happily at my old address, it worked well and had interesting features.

We've just moved house and the new connection was finally set up today with some teething pains including a factory reset of the Vodafone router. Once it was back up and running, I re-connected the app, and used the app to change the SSID of my wireless network (since all my devices are set up to use another).

Now, however, when I launch the app it still shows the network name as the original SSID, and the "My Wi-Fi" and "My network" options are greyed out. It says that it is Offline, and when I click on this button it says "You don't have any internet connection on your mobile device" even though I am connected to the Internet fine (via the Vodafone router no less).

It's only a minor inconvenience to not be able to use the app, but there was something I wanted to use it for. Is there any way to get it to acknowledge the network it is on is actually a Vodafone one? I previously tried deleting and redownloading the app, but then it simply didn't recognise that there was any router to pair with.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chinery

After waiting about 24 hours I opened the app and it seemed to reconnect again from scratch. This time it managed to successfully recognise the Vodafone router, so it's working again. To anyone else having the same problem it seems the easiest option is to wait!

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

chinery

After waiting about 24 hours I opened the app and it seemed to reconnect again from scratch. This time it managed to successfully recognise the Vodafone router, so it's working again. To anyone else having the same problem it seems the easiest option is to wait!