Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Broadband Router (Connect Router) - Technical Issue

rholmesa
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

The WiFi of my vodafoneconnect router will NOT connect to the WIRED part of the network. Deveices are visible but will not operate!!

E.g. printer is on WIRED network, I cannot print from a laptop on WiFi network.

This is causing me no end of issues which I have never come across before. My SONOS system is almost inoperable. My music on a server (WIRED) can't be played on a WiFi device, my picture server (wired) cannot be succesfully connected to any WiFi device - if it does manage it is so slow it is unuseable.

Can someone tell me how to set up the router to get rid of this problem?

Or should I just move to another ISP who lets me use my own router?

I was previously with DEMON (a vodafone company) and had no such problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MrWhite
10: Established

Good luck with getting any help on this.  The issue has been around since at least September last year.  There's a firmware issue that prevents wifi devices from talking to wired devices (my own experience is that this happens after I've roamed to another access point/extender, then back to the VF router).  The firmware issue has been confirmed by techs within the bowls of Vodafone, but to get any help, confirmation, information or help from anyone else is all but impossible.  Most recently I was told by the  'tech 2' team that it's a sonos issue and nothing to do with the router.

There are two, similar, workarounds.  The first is to use another router for the wifi (connecting it to the VF router and turning off the VF routers wifi).  The second is to use your own router instead of the VF router, but this will mean consistent complaining in order to get your username and password.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rholmesa You're able to speak to our dedicated Broadband team by calling 08080 034 515 (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

Alternatively you can contact them on Live Chat

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@c4pete You're able to speak to our dedicated Broadband team regarding this. 

@Alex wrote:

@rholmesa You're able to speak to our dedicated Broadband team by calling 08080 034 515 (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

Alternatively you can contact them on Live Chat

Please let us know how you get on. :smileyhappy:

MrWhite

Good luck with getting any help on this.  The issue has been around since at least September last year.  There's a firmware issue that prevents wifi devices from talking to wired devices (my own experience is that this happens after I've roamed to another access point/extender, then back to the VF router).  The firmware issue has been confirmed by techs within the bowls of Vodafone, but to get any help, confirmation, information or help from anyone else is all but impossible.  Most recently I was told by the  'tech 2' team that it's a sonos issue and nothing to do with the router.

There are two, similar, workarounds.  The first is to use another router for the wifi (connecting it to the VF router and turning off the VF routers wifi).  The second is to use your own router instead of the VF router, but this will mean consistent complaining in order to get your username and password.

Thanks. This is what I suspected!

Sadly this makes the router (and I would suggest the service) unfit for purpose.

I have already invested in an extension WiFi device (not cheap) to get around this as the Sonos became unusable!

Vodafone - get your act together and fix this! I find it inconceivable that with a BUSINESS offering, which is what I had with Demon internet, that you have left me with such connectivity issues.

I cannot recommend Vodafone service based on this. We should be released from contracts to allow us to find a provider who provides equipment 'fit for purpose'.

c4pete
4: Newbie

Hi,

Did you ever resolve this issue, I have exactly the same problem, I have multiple roku streaming sticks using wifi, one can connect to wired media server, the others cannot, not even by providing the IP address.  My mobile on wifi also can't connect to my wired CCTV box, but if outside my network I can connect no problem using 4G.  It does seem like the WIFI network has limited or no connectivity with the wired network.

Cheers,

Pete.