Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Connect Router issues

abates85
4: Newbie

My vodafone broadband was installed today and setting up my home ive come across the following issues.

1. My Laptop connected on the Wifi 5Ghz channel cannot see my Server connected by LAN Cable, if i disable the 5ghz band i can see the server fine but it reduces the functionality of the router.

2. I cannot connect to a device via port forwarding using the external router IP from within the network. however i can access the device from outside the network.

3. My fibre broadband speed is significantly slower (28MB) than the service i was recieving with sky (40MB) even thoughi was promised full (76MB) speed

has anyone else had these issues and can provide assistance ?

138 REPLIES 138

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all,

You'll need to contact our Broadband team so they can help with the issues you're facing.

You can contact them on Live Chat or by calling 08080 044 848.

@ChazzD, you are another joker like Natasha. Read the previous posts on this thread before you send an auto reply. When clicking on the link for chat, this is what we get:

Capture.PNG

And the guy in the previous post just said "please give us an answer on this forum other than - contact support".

I have been told unequivocally by the phone support team is that there is no broadband live chat team. I have been told unequivocally by the mobile live chat team that there is no broadband live chat team. Why do Vodafone staff keep coming on here and giving us incorrect information?

currently no further update, speed still sucky, nof irmware upgrade since reporting so still no resolutions to additional connectivity issues.

posting firmware version from router for logging purposes

Firmware version
Bootloader version

cannot access live chat as previously capable, and no time for phone calls

Its about time Vodafone sorted themselves out and admit there are fundamental flaw(s) with their router and as a result have a unified policy to give out login details to anyone who wishes to use their own Router/Modem.

@ChazzD your post is a joke and its not even funny.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone. So that our Broadband team can assist further, please try the following link to their designated Live Chat team.

When clicking on the link, please select the Broadband option and scroll down to Live Chat.

They're also available to speak to seven days a week, between 8am and 11pm on 08080 034 515.

OMG, Natasha is back - and with a URL for the "dedicated live chat team"

ROFL!!

Natasha, ask your manager to train you for your role and then you will find out from your colleagues who are in the know, that there is NO broadband chat team - it doesn't exist. Or were all 3 advisors that I spoke to lying - and you know better??

To stop ##~##ing customers off, give them their login details as requested with the caveat that there will be no support. We will gladly accept that.

Secondly, learn from the other big providers i.e. your competitors. How do they manage their customers who want to use their own router? Its really not a big deal!

Designated Live Chat Team:

Unfortunately none of our Advisers are available to chat to you at this time. Please try again shortly.

@lyonsj400 - they are hard to get hold of but i've definatly chatted to broadband support a few times, twice via the support, contact us link and three or four times via the standard chat by asking for the broadband support team so its a little weird the people you've spoken to don't know abou them... maybe you've just been unlucky with the 'support' people you've spoken to.

Even if they exist they cannot remedy the shortcomings of the Vodafone Router. It cannot be fixed by merely changing available settings.Currently it can only be fixed by using a 3rd party modem/router.