Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Connect Router issues

abates85
4: Newbie

My vodafone broadband was installed today and setting up my home ive come across the following issues.

1. My Laptop connected on the Wifi 5Ghz channel cannot see my Server connected by LAN Cable, if i disable the 5ghz band i can see the server fine but it reduces the functionality of the router.

2. I cannot connect to a device via port forwarding using the external router IP from within the network. however i can access the device from outside the network.

3. My fibre broadband speed is significantly slower (28MB) than the service i was recieving with sky (40MB) even thoughi was promised full (76MB) speed

has anyone else had these issues and can provide assistance ?

138 REPLIES 138

thanks, was bound to miss something :Smiling: sorted it

ive only an issue with the speed purely because i moved from a 40MB down 10MB up always on and steady connection with sky to 38MB down 20mb up thats patchy with vodafone.

its the device connectivity ive the biggest issue with, they can only sort that with a firmware upgrade as far as i know, i want to know they are working on it.

message i am sending to the vodafone complains department available at: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/complaints/

The router provided by Vodafone for the broadband is not fit for purpose, i have tried speaking to the vodafone support team on numerous occasions to get issues resolved using the routers default configuration and have had no assistance, in the latest communication on the 11th december at 14:00 the support team says that my issues are to do with the communications between my devices and not the vodafone broadband, this is not the case, all of the issues i am having are as a result of the router provided by vodafone to the point that the person on the call stated that the issues are a result of the communications going through the router. the person then continued to say vodafone will not assist with my issues with the communications on my internal network which are the result of the vodafone connect router and refuse to give me the account details so that i can use a router of my own choosing. therefore i wish to make a formal complaint on the service provided by the vodafone broadband team

Unfortunately, there are TWO issues here.

1. The Vodafone staff that monitor these forums are non-technical and can only fob you off or else direct you to their cutomer services/technical support. The very place that you just visited and got no help from.

2. The managers that make the silly decisions are non-technical - i.e. "we can't give you your login details for you to use your own router". So they have no hope of understanding the concerns of us little folk. They don't monitor these forums and have no visibility of our issues.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@abates85 Sorry to hear that you're not happy with the router we've supplied. 

The router which is supplied has to be used in order to use our Broadband service. 

Kindly see our Complaints Policy if you're not happy with the service you're receiving. 

@Rahim,

The router supplied is not fit for purpose as it has serious shortcomings which have not been rectified in the 14 months I have been with you.

These shortcomings cannot be fixed "over the phone" they are firmware problems.

I consider myself fortunate as I have been given my Username and Password so I am able to use my own working Router.

My monetary savings during my period with Vodafone have been eroded by the initial need for an 8 port switch (to allow my wired devices to "see" each other on the network) and latterly a Netgear Router/Modem to allow Wired/Wireless devices to communicate across my network.

So yes, people do have a need to use their own Router/Modem instead of the one supplied which is severely crippled with regard to functionality.

In fact your statement is untrue, it is not compulsory to used the supplied Router, I am proof of this but rest assured I will be leaving when my time is up. Its been a miserable 14 months only made bearable by the use of my own Router for the last three months.

@Rahim as you can see ive already posted a complaint. the fact that the tech2 team can say that they cannot assist with the networking issues caused by the router show that your tech team know there are issues with the router that arent planned to be fixed.

the router itself is blocking connectivity between devices on the network and  it would be nice to know they are being at least worked on. I wonder if you were having issues like this with the broadband if you would be happy with the state of connectivity.

Considering i can connect to my device from outside the network using the external ip shows my port forwarding and internal firewall and set up. but i cannot connect to my device from inside the network. this is certainly a firmware issue with the router blocking the connectivity.

i dont expect these issues to be fixed overnight, i expect to know that someone is working to resolve them. the tech2 team member i spoke to went as far to say they wont be issuing any more fixes for this router. suggesting there is a new router in the pipeline, when a new router is put in place will dissatisfied customers be recieving a new router ?

@abates85,

don't hold your breath, Vodafone have spent 14 months "fixing" these issues already.

I kind of envy those guys that have managed to get their login details and are happily using their own router. This is proof that the VF staff who say you "must" use the Vodafone supplied router are talking cr*p!

to those guys who have their details..... how generic is the data, is there any identifying information in there or does it look like they may be using the same details for all users ?

@abates85

The password is a unique 8 digit Alpha/Numeric & Upper/lower case. If you create a configuration backup file which contains this info it is all encrypted.

So unless Vodafone cooperate you have no chance.