Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

dynamick
2: Seeker
Hi there. Firstly the speeds and setup on my broadband have been great, so has most of the customer support I have had with initial gremlins on setup

I do have two big headaches though. I have a zyxcel nsa325 network drive which I store music, photos, movies etc on and On my old plusnet modem I just plugged it in the ethernet port and my Hitachi tv saw it. Now although the drive is visible through my PC and is visible wordlessly on the home network, the drive is not seen by my TV *unless the drive is plugged directly into the the ethernet port on the TV. So what setting am missing, there is no help or suggestions on the net, with it being a new modem there is no firmware 6 for it either.

Secondly, when I signed up for vodafone home broadband I was told that I would get 10 email addresses too, I have no idea where they are or indeed the pop/imap.plus.net settings for the addresses or the settings so I can send emails on my current email address.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance

Mick
373 REPLIES 373

Hi, I'm a new vodafone broadband customer and i'm experiencing the same problems. After reading this forum I found that switching the router to 2.4Ghz seems to have fixed the problems for now but i'll see how i get on. I contacted vodafone support who said they couldn't help me as my DLNA is third party (thanks for nothing). Luckily i'm still within my cooling off period so i'll see how i get on the next few days else i'm going to leave them

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@anthill Thanks for letting us know. If you do have any further issues, please speak with the manufacturers who will be able to assist you.

jaysy
4: Newbie
Yep had the same thing as I wanted to use my Sonos speaker over the wifi and not over sonosnet.... The controllers couldn't see my speakers or i could only see the ones I was on the same AP as .... And not all of them.... Just nothing was working like it was before on my old setup and router (AP's haven't changed) was definitely the VF router introduction, now I have a switch in front of my VF router and everything goes into that with a single cable running to VF router and that seems ok.

JZ

Braj_chan
@chrisox33
I tried explaining this to the technical support on the phone about what is a powerline adapter, he had no clue. Also he didn't know there was a firmware update due to be released.
Anyone knows if the firmware update has been pushed through the router yet?

jaysy
No not many days left in Feb is there.... My VF router is a modem (WiFi off and everything disabled) currently and using my old dlink router in front of it and 2 other dlink APs one cabled the other power line.
Works perfectly without the VF router doing anything other than serving up my internet!!!

jaysy
APs all connect into the dlink router, 1 cable from there to the VF modem... Works great but a lot of hassle to get here

tezmar
Had VF installed last Friday and seem to be having Similar issues. Can't see Apple TV devices that are wired in over AirPlay, can't see NAS media server, can't see sky TVs boxes for remote control connectivity. Workaround for media server is to connect it to a small hub before router but this only works for devices not connecting via wifi unless I install a separate wifi access point. Apparently my firmware is up to date so this is clearly still an issue. Waiting a call back from tech support

Braj_chan
@tezmar
Good luck with the call back. Can you post here once you get the call back. I don't think there is a firmware update since many are being told that they have the latest update, eventhough the firmware has not changed since last year.
Can you also post your current firmware version here?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tezmar

If you've not received your callback, please call our Broadband team on 08080 034515 and we'll be able to see what happened to this for you.

@Braj_chan

We're not been aware of any upcoming firmware updates, so we can help with your connectivity issues, please come and speak to the  team on 08080 034515 and we'll be happy to help.

Hi Mark

Thanks for responding to the thread. This post announced the planned firmware update:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Announcements/Vodafone-Broadband/m-p/2456133#M175