Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

dynamick
2: Seeker
Hi there. Firstly the speeds and setup on my broadband have been great, so has most of the customer support I have had with initial gremlins on setup

I do have two big headaches though. I have a zyxcel nsa325 network drive which I store music, photos, movies etc on and On my old plusnet modem I just plugged it in the ethernet port and my Hitachi tv saw it. Now although the drive is visible through my PC and is visible wordlessly on the home network, the drive is not seen by my TV *unless the drive is plugged directly into the the ethernet port on the TV. So what setting am missing, there is no help or suggestions on the net, with it being a new modem there is no firmware 6 for it either.

Secondly, when I signed up for vodafone home broadband I was told that I would get 10 email addresses too, I have no idea where they are or indeed the pop/imap.plus.net settings for the addresses or the settings so I can send emails on my current email address.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance

Mick
373 REPLIES 373

fremenos
My contract will not run out till next year so I've got a long waiting time but luckily my both mobile contracts are running out in November.

Just guess what is going to happen then.

And so it goes on....  The Wifi/Wired isolation issue was actually resolved for me with the  last firmware update and the router had been working fine until......  In the last week sometime my router firmware updated again,  it is now on 5.4.8.1.271.1.59 and since then the issue has come back :-(. If i use the 5Ghz band in any config at all the isolation randomly cuts in and wired / wireless devices cant see each other.   So I am now back to 2.4Ghz on all devices as the orginal work around still seems to work.  😞 

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@PeteB01

If your work around is working for you, we'd advise you to keep using it this way, until there's been bug fixes to the recent firmware update.

Once we've an update, we'll let you know.

I have finally left after so many wireless issues and my Sky Q box losing Broadband connectivity.

Since joining sky i have had no wireless drops and every recording on my Q box has been successful

My home network is now working again. Thanks Voda for showing me how badly an ISP can rol out broadband service.

Also for your information, Wireless is part of the package not something beyond your control. Your blatent refusal to help in anyway. The router is your equipment, it does not work. my clients work fine with the new wiress router.

Stop shipping this  crap.