Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

dynamick
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi there. Firstly the speeds and setup on my broadband have been great, so has most of the customer support I have had with initial gremlins on setup

I do have two big headaches though. I have a zyxcel nsa325 network drive which I store music, photos, movies etc on and On my old plusnet modem I just plugged it in the ethernet port and my Hitachi tv saw it. Now although the drive is visible through my PC and is visible wordlessly on the home network, the drive is not seen by my TV *unless the drive is plugged directly into the the ethernet port on the TV. So what setting am missing, there is no help or suggestions on the net, with it being a new modem there is no firmware 6 for it either.

Secondly, when I signed up for vodafone home broadband I was told that I would get 10 email addresses too, I have no idea where they are or indeed the pop/imap.plus.net settings for the addresses or the settings so I can send emails on my current email address.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance

Mick
373 REPLIES 373

I was advised that a factory reset was required by Vodafone,  I was on the phone to them again yesterday.  They advised me that the firmware was only released yesterday. I did try just switching off and rebooting,  but this didn't work. After the reset my NAS finally appeared on the Xbox 360 and my Sony TV.  Not sure what version I am currently on as I am not at home currently, but Vodafone did say that the firmware had only just been released yesterday morning. 

Sorry,  meant to add, the interface does look quite different. 

My router now has the latest firmware, and it kept my settings and didn't require a factory reset from what I can see - it was updated automatically. There is now an option to disable DHCP on the router, and the interface has been totally redesigned. I haven't had the chance yet to see if it resolves the WiFi/LAN routing & visibility issues.

@cjwalsh, perhaps you were using default settings? I have always used 192.168.0.1 for my routers the default is 192.168.1.1, which the router defaulted to when updating.

A question:

My son is now complaining about wi-fi dropouts. If I enable Guest Wi-Fi and just put his android TV box on that Wi-Fi will it detract from the signal strength of the primary Wi-Fi?

My firmware is now: 5.4.8.1.271.1.41

I kept the default IP address settings, but it kept my non-default WiFi settings.

With hindsight perhaps a factory reset was a bit excessive but being unable to log into the router when my children claim the wireless internet is not working is a bit alarming.

Especially as the update came out of the blue.

jaysy
4: Newbie
Just got home no change for me still

Software version

What is the latest FW version you have then with the updated interface etc??

MonkeyJabba
Rebooted router, no new FW for me 😞

jaysy
Did you reset it by holding a pin into the reset button - believe you will need to do that for pick up .... Would do it but wife is watching Netflix ...

MonkeyJabba
I'll give it a go, I guess that's a hard reset though?