Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

4: Newbie
That's a confirm - router restarted with new firmware. Radically different GUI, no problems with DNLA or other issues such as apps for smart TV.

Thanks for the pointers
View more options
2: Seeker
Whoopee do. It's about time ! Thanks Vodafone. Performed a factory reset from within the config portal and firmware upgraded but kept all my settings strangely including the SSIDs. Happy days now I can see all my devices.
View more options
All kinds of fun with port forwarding now... Could be a long day...
View more options

Smiley Sad

When will i get my update

View more options
Completed reset by holding reset hidden switch at the back and then via the factory reset within the additional settings page
Neither pulled new firmware for me ... Still same
View more options

Same here - no new code for me on either router (yes, I foolishly have two lines with these "routers" on the end)

View more options

Hard reset and still no update Man Mad

View more options
Same here! Hard reset no update.
View more options

Still no new firmware update. Anyone else got it yet?

View more options
Spoke to WebChat - apparently it was only a partial release as part of extended trial and full release is early July
View more options
3: Seeker

Am seriously hacked off now. Everything started working as it should about a week ago and then suddenly, back to how it was.

I had removed my additional router and wired everything into the VF router and everything was fine, (for about a week).

Yesterday I had to put the additional router back as only the Squeezebox was working. All other DLNA services were broke.

Vodafone Mobile contract nearly up, that won't be renewed and I can't wait until the Phone/BB contract is up.

View more options

What should be the new version of the firmaware? has anyone posted it before? Sorry I must have missed it

View more options

Would be interested if someone can post the changes in the new firmware as a power user who has their own pfsense firewall i dont want vodafone box doing anything to my connection other than being a modem.

I have held back ordering vodafone broadband due to their restricton on routers 

View more options

I am counting down the days until i can leave to a more grown up BB provider.

View more options
Vodafone if you are monitoring this forum at all please give is an update on when firmware will be pushed out to all customers. We are all paying for a service that other providers help support all products. I have spent money on a work around and would really like full use of my technology without all of the work arounds !!!!
View more options

crowster80 wrote:
Vodafone if you are monitoring this forum at all please give is an update on when firmware will be pushed out to all customers. We are all paying for a service that other providers help support all products. I have spent money on a work around and would really like full use of my technology without all of the work arounds !!!!

From what i have heard through a Vodafone employee is that it will still take awhile for the firmware to be released.  The initial beta release to some customers brought up alot of bugs which are now being resolved. 

View more options
"The initial beta release to some customers brought up alot of bugs which are now being resolved" - No, a lot of bugs, really...? ;-) Maybe this is an example of being careful what you wish for.
View more options

If they had got it right in the first place we wouldn't be wishing for anything!

View more options

Having got the update I really haven't noticed any bugs. The UI is much better in "Expert" mode and I don't need to use an 8 port switch any more.

View more options

After hearing about the "update" being deployed I tried it without an additional switch and everything worked great.

A week later I had to put the switch back so I haven't a clue what is going on. Just counting down the months until I can ditch VF and move on.

View more options