cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WHEN MY NEW BROADBAND WILL BE LIVE FINALLY???

matoweb
1: Seeker

terrible experience with even worse support.

Switching from BT will be easy for you Matus, we will sort out everything for you. Ordered, Paid, had to be live last Friday. 

Friday morning - setting up new router. LEDs flashing red (understandable - still waiting for BT engineers to set me up). 

Friday evening - LEDs still flashing red

Saturday morning - vodafone live chat- your order was delayed (thanks for letting me know by the email or text message), BT engineer gave a note to your order details, he is working on the problem since morning 8 o clock,. dont worry, you will be LIVE by the midning. 

Sunday morning - vodafone live chat - everything is correct on our side, BT open reach has a problem, but you will be sorted by 1 o clock. same story a day before. 

Sunday evening - vodafone live chat - we have raised the flag for technical team yesterday (Saturday), you have to wait for 48 hours.

Monday evening - back on live chat - still the same problem.

Tuesday evening - back on live chat - still the same story, 

I have got no-internet-days since Friday, It was easy for BT to cut my subscription on  Thursdays (midnight), but terribly dificult to set it to the new provider.

Few of my questions:

Is here someone who has similar, same or even worse experience with switching?

Can someone, in the best case someone from Vodafone stuff tell me, why the customer support is that super useless, as they are raising a flag every day but no one is able to pick the phone and ask what the h*ll is going on?

How long will I go without the broadband (as this fun costs me quite a lot of money as I cant do my things without the Internet)

little notes and facts:

yes, I have connected everything correctly

my phone line works perfectly (so this should be cable damage as some of your customer support heroes said)

if anyone here can help me, I will more than happy to hear from you

thanks

M.

1 REPLY 1

MrWhite
10: Established
10: Established

Unfortunately, Vodafone like all other ISP are relient on BT Openreach when an engineer is needed to set up a connection or resolve a fault.  They will only have the details that Openreach pass on to them.  These aren't always/often on time and particularly detailed.