Support:

Chill lounge

Ask a question:
Rank 34: Scholar III
Northern-dj

Re: How very dare they?

Bad news for Vodafone Apple useres 

see

http://allthingsd.com/20130208/vodafone-warns-its-iphone-4s-customers-not-to-upgrade-to-ios-6-1/?buf...

Not Good and do you think Apple will do any thing about this ???

Message 561 of 596 (5,963 Views)
Rank 9: Helper III
Darksky569

No doubt Apple will just sweep this under the rug as they tend to do with most issues, Heaven forbid that there might be something wrong with Apple software!

Either that or they will try to blame the carrier rather than admit that they may have screwed up.

Personally I think that its a deliberate measure to get users to stop using their old devices and change to the newer ones, to paraphrase a popular saying, Apple can't see the customers for the Dollar signs......

Message 562 of 596 (5,930 Views)
Rank 15: Guide IV
dcarmi

Actually they haven't swept it under the carpet. That wasn't possible because IT Admins were seeing the problem and taking action to protect their systems. The very group of people Apple need to impress to make headway into the corporate world. Then they top it with the "let's bypass the security lock and let everyone have access to potentially coporate data" bug.

Just when we have had such "meh" reviews of their Surface technology, Apple seemed to have picked up the gun, taken careful aim and shot their own foot! This used to be a Microsoft disease and it looks like Apple may have caught a dose of it.

Maybe time Apple concentrated a bit more on its own doings and a bit less worrying about what others are up to? 

Message 563 of 596 (5,622 Views)
Northern-dj

Apple drops shares plan after ruling http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21564942
More bad news for Apple so who will they take this out on ????

Message 564 of 596 (5,467 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV
jeffkinn

My favourite thread needs to be jump started I think

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21613152

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 565 of 596 (5,394 Views)
Northern-dj

Makes me laugh that all the bitching going on between these two companies

The Best thing is its not hampering phone development

Apple Fans have not flocked to the iphone 5 many are fed up with this constant legal messing around.

Apple are still upsetting them after the first jail break update giving people the full use of there phones Apple slam the door in there faces

This has Angered the core Apple Fans as it has showed how Apple want to be in control

Apple Lost allot of people to Samsung with the S3 and Samsung is due to launch a even more powerful device

Apples answer to this is well Nothing, other then getting there device into countries that have never seen it, now many of these are markets that do not like close shop OS's so all this effort getting a phone into Japan may not be worth it.

Android is massive in the far East and is on every device and they have a massive App market carn't see Apple letting those developers loose on there phones 

Other Manufactures are listening to there users one is working under Apples cosh being HTC 

Car manufacture have also ditched there favour towards Apple going for a stock USB socket approach this was down to the new plug arangement

The good thing here is it opens up the market for others including windows devices and blackberrys

NFC is also making a welcome comeback but still Apple say No to NFC

So were will Apple fight next or will it concertrate on Deveoplment well

yes and no

There rumours to bring out a Smart watch following on the Nano watch idea (NO a APPLE IDEA)

But they will play into a android trap Sony have already done this

sony watch 

Oh it has rounded corners as well and the own the pataint on this 

Message 566 of 596 (5,375 Views)
dcarmi

Did you miss the VirnetX suit? $368m against Apple plus $330k a day until a licence agreement is in place.

Did you miss the fall in Apple share price? Nearly 40% gone, and still on a downward trend.

Did you miss Apple pulling their highend Mac Pro systems from Europe because they don't comply with EU safety regulations?

I have even heard owners describe the iPhone5 as "OK". "OK" is just not Apple!

The policy of "letting loose the dogs of law" was a misguided ego trip from that start and is now hurting the company and does nothing for its customers to boot. 

I am not saying Apple are toast. I am saying that they do have some issues to deal with and they really need to deal with them quite urgently.

Message 567 of 596 (5,373 Views)
Rank 8: Helper II
Wazek

I've not had a good whinge about Apple in over 2 and a half yonks!! there has been plenty to mock and scorn,but instead I will focus on positives for a change..................errrrrrr........how cool are google goggles gonna be in a few years? I've got to say the most exciting thing for me at the moment is what google goggles + 4g is going to bring to my life (I wonder if the idea is patented), on that note HURRY UP AND VODAFONE AND DONT RIP US OFF, the 4g spectrum sold for around 1/10th (not factoring in inflation) what 3g went for so I'm expecting a reasonable package.

On a side note, can anyone explain the point of Ouyo?
Message 568 of 596 (5,338 Views)
Northern-dj

Well Apple have said to add insult to iphone 5 users with the Mid summer date for the 5S

and nope didn't miss all the Apple news glad some one else is posting on here 

Message 569 of 596 (5,292 Views)
dcarmi

Not quite sure why you see this as an insult. Apple only have the one device whereas companies like Samsung have at least 2 flagship phones they can update alternatively. Because of the speed of improvements of devices Apple have little choice but to move to a more frequent release schedule. In fact you could argue that Apple were a little slow at realising this.

Many iPhone users will be on an 18month or 2 year upgrade programme so they'll miss at least one update under the old regime. Now that they'll miss 2 or 3 should not be a problem.

I am not upset that I will likely not upgrade from a GS3 to a GS4. I am happy to wait for a GS5 or other similar device. I am more interested that the company supports the latest OS and security updates on my phone. 

Message 570 of 596 (5,244 Views)
jeffkinn

For some people Apple cannot do anything right ;-)

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 571 of 596 (5,247 Views)
Northern-dj

Re: Apple strikes again!!!!

Well it looks like the yanks are loosing faith with Apple, its going the same way it went last time
See
How Apple's Losing Its Monopoly On Magic

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/06/apple-future-monopoly-on-magic_n_2814015.html?ncid=edlinkus...

Message 572 of 596 (5,204 Views)
jeffkinn

Message 573 of 596 (5,155 Views)
Northern-dj

[ Edited ]

As allways Samsung jumping in feet first with out Googles backing 

The strange thing is they have infringed on patents 

This is why Apple have not taken Samsung to court as Samsung own this patant 

But in this country who cares the patent system is a Joke and until Apple started all this most people only new of Copy wright this seems to of been taken over by patents 

But who is suffering Not Samsung or there customers if anything there Voting with there Money and so are dissapointed apple users Apple say there winning more users errr no there just going to other countries

were as in there home turf there under atack from with in Apple and from wall street

It has now come out that Microsft saved Apple Again

With HP pulling out of the US tablet Market that leaved Apple with a comglomerate on Tablets in the US

The USA has Rules over this the same that faced Microsoft when Apple was going under

This Time faced Apple so Microsoft brought out the Windows RT as that was the only one ready

This stopped the FCC from Serving a see's trading ordrer this explains why Apple has not touched Microsoft every one thought it was the agreement between the two but no

Microsft can not operate with out Apple and the same goes for the other and until a USA bassed company can come along if one goes the other will follow 

If you look at the windows OS its Nothing like Apples, as the previous was Microsoft OS  was.

Nokias  new there was NO way they could bring a Android phone out and survive a Apple on slought ther own OS was well as outdated as Apples so they went with Windowss

So Ubuntu any one Nokia is rumoured to of asked to be inclouded in the development eg they want to have a play 

The Big Boys are surviving just as they are well Big

No one is making parts for Apple and why well can you blame them 

Intel who were very good frends with Steve Jobs have brought there own TV package out

so what is left for Apple to do Bring another outdated phone out

there is only so Much pushing Apple can do and get away with  

Message 574 of 596 (5,144 Views)
dcarmi

The danger for Apple is that they begin to be seen as a bit of a tired old warhorse and these aren't usually cool or trendy.

They appear to be playing catchup with screen size. They seem to lack (unfairly) processor oomph. iOS seems to have changed little, since its release. The gaff over maps was tremendously damaging, not least of all because it gave Google some leverage in Apple's own back yard.

Trouble is that those are the sorts of things investors look at.

Message 575 of 596 (5,041 Views)
Rank 8: Helper II
Wazek

Oooohhh I want an S4 ..........I almost got a semi when I read the spec.

Has anybody noticed how similar the S4 is to the S3?????

I wonder if apple will be suing Samsung claiming it is THEIR idea/intellectual property to re-hash the same old design year after year (not that I am tired of the S3 design just yet)

I've must say that since I got my S3 I didn't want any other phone, not the iphone5, not a HTC, not a Sony or a windows phone..............now it just got old :smileysad:
Message 576 of 596 (4,977 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
mavreek

What ever happened to an open and even playing field?
Don't get me wrong I like apple and have sunk time and money into the apple developer arena for iOS!
However I think they should stop all the silly games and allow a fair market competition allowing folk to have the right to choose which phone or brand and network they want!

Message 577 of 596 (4,791 Views)
jeffkinn

Why on earth would any company do that? All companies would love to be a monopoly. It is up to legislators to provide a competitive playing field.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 578 of 596 (4,788 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
mavreek

And sadly that's what's missing in the states, legislators with the balls to say no!
Message 579 of 596 (4,773 Views)
Northern-dj

Well Apple is get a good doss of there own medicine 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21877324

This time Security it may be a small claim but it will carry Big implecations to how alot of there apps work 

Message 580 of 596 (4,631 Views)