Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Formula One 2011 Discussion Thread

RetiredTom
Community Manager (Retired)

Morning All,

I don't know about any of you, but I'm starting to get really excited for the new F1 season which is just around the corner!

Forums I've used in the past have always had an F1 thread the members can use to talk about any news, upcoming races and so on, so now we have this off topic section, I thought I'd create one here too!

So, who do you follow and what are your hopes for the coming season?

I'm a die-hard McLaren fan, so am eagerly awaiting the new car launch on 4th February. From what the team were saying when I visited the MTC back in November, this should be a competitive year, so I'm hoping for Lewis to win his second championship.

110 REPLIES 110

JD

I'm a Button fan so the red flag ruined my Sunday.

Other than that though, I don't like Monaco at all - the track seems designed to only offer two possible outcomes:

a procession where pole will nearly always win

or

bad accidents like Petrov crashing and not being able to feel his legs and Perez being hospitalised.

I do like Canada though so that's something to look forward to.

J

dnairb001
13: Advanced Member

@JD wrote:

I'm a Button fan so the red flag ruined my Sunday.

Other than that though, I don't like Monaco at all - the track seems designed to only offer two possible outcomes:

a procession where pole will nearly always win

or

bad accidents like Petrov crashing and not being able to feel his legs and Perez being hospitalised.

I do like Canada though so that's something to look forward to.

J

Totally agree with you there, I've never liked Monaco much, especially when someone gets penalised for trying to turn a boring procession into an exciting race. Bring on Canada, so the McLaren's can hopefully finish where they belong, 1 & 2 :smileywink:

Nabs
17: Community Champion

For anyone fancying a piece of the action themselves the F1 2011 game is available to preorder (no doubt it wil lbe cheaper on elsewhere) and Top Gear have managed to find themselves some screenshots

From the pictures it looks like the graphics have been improved over 2010.
KERS and DRS will be a good addition and the inclusion of pirelli's should make it that little bit more realistic. I wonder if they have included 'the cliff' all the driver talk about with the tyres. 

Nabs

RetiredTom
What a pantomime!

Oh well, whether the race goes ahead or not, this year's will still be the most interesting Bahrain Grand Prix ever...

AnnS

It may have only been an accident but Hamilton is out, Button how could you do it !  your team mate. ! !

They get so close on the bends, Button just clipped Hamilton, who hit the wall.

McLarenMcLarenMcLaren

RetiredTom
Gutted!

AnnS

I know the feeling Tom, Such a disappointment.

The weather is autrocious over there.  Stopped the race now.

RetiredTom
I stopped watching ages ago, watching the NASCAR at Pocono instead :Laughing_Face:

Nabs

@AnnS wrote:

It may have only been an accident but Hamilton is out, Button how could you do it !  your team mate. ! !

They get so close on the bends, Button just clipped Hamilton, who hit the wall.

McLarenMcLarenMcLaren

I'm watching a little behind but i've just seen the Button-Hamilton incident, it's a shame but i think in the conditions i could have happened to anyone.

Red flagged, no supprise looking at the weather!