Support:

Chill lounge

Ask a question:
Rank 44: Oracle III
Nabs

Re: Formula One 2011 Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]

Quick update on the official F1 2011 game. A teaser/trailer has been released showing some gameplay.

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 81 of 110 (7,078 Views)
Administrator
Administrator
JD

It looks amazing. I had 2010 which was brilliant but traded it in when i couldn't win a race with all assists and very easy selected :smileysad:

Message 82 of 110 (7,071 Views)
Community Manager (Retired)
Tom

Don't take pity on JD everyone, he's terrible at all racing games, not just F1 :smileyvery-happy:
Message 83 of 110 (7,069 Views)
Nabs

I can't manage it on expert either, the only thing that lets me down is manual gears, I just cant do them. Everything else is set to expert though:smileyhappy:

I think 2011 will be a little more difficult, i believe they have tweaked the AI to be more realistic + tyre wear will play much bigger part 

@Tom how did you get on with the 2010 game?

Message 84 of 110 (7,064 Views)
Rank 40: Professor IV
thesoupdragon

[ Edited ]

Things have come a long way since Ridge Racer... Thumbs up smiley.gif

Autism_sig.png

Message 85 of 110 (7,063 Views)
Tom

I liked it but got bored quickly- I don't think the DIRT game engine suits a race sim very well, it's too jittery for a realistic game in my opinion. I love Race Driver GRID and similar games, but I think it sacrifices detail for a smooth, moody finish. I'd rather have a more Forza-3-esque look, 60FPS and stunning detail, with not so many effects.

Last year was a poor year for racing games IMO, and racing is my favourite genre. I bought F1 2010, TDU2 and NFS Hot Pursuit and had got rid of them all by January. I still find far more entertainment in GRID or Burnout Paradise, or of course Forza 3.

I think F1 2011 has the potential to be quite dull if it's just a development on last year's with the new coloured cars. Even DRS and KERS won't really make a difference I don't think.

What I'd like to see is unlockable or purchasable extra content- retro versions of the current tracks or even venues which don't host events any more (Magny Cours, A1 Ring and Autódromo Oscar Alfredo Gálvez please - and yes, I Googled the name of the third one!) I think purchasable content is what makes games great and Codemasters don't use it enough. I'd love to know how much the Criterion team raked in for DLC for Burnout Paradise, I know I spent at least £20 on extra stuff on top of buying the game, but I still play it two years on.

I remember an old F1 game I had (possibly 1998) for PC that once you'd completed a full season, you unlocked the Jerez circuit to use for one-off races. Imagine the same, it'd be great for extending the game. And that's not even to mention the possibility of retro car sets, downloadable 1994 line up and stuff like that. They could do so much with it!
Message 86 of 110 (7,058 Views)
Tom

Can't believe nobody's posted after Sunday's race!

So good to see Hamilton at his best, nobody else stood a chance did they?! Hungary this weekend, one of my favourite tracks...
Message 87 of 110 (7,030 Views)
Nabs

Didn't get chance to see it all on sunday, just caught the end. I hear the pitstops pretty much made the race though?

This weekend should be good, all three top teams look evenly matched on performance so we might get to see some racing!

Message 88 of 110 (7,024 Views)
Tom

Yeah fingers crossed! It can be a bit of a dull race at the Hungaroring sometimes though, so I'm hoping Lewis is on the pace but starts about sixth, meaning someone will actually overtake :smileyhappy:
Message 89 of 110 (7,018 Views)
Nabs

Looks like F1 can now kiss goodbye to several thousand fans in the uk, giving the broadcast right to sky!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9550930.stm

Opinions?

I think it's completely ridiculous and will ruin the sport! what on earth were they thinking?

Message 90 of 110 (7,009 Views)
Tom

UNHAPPY FACE!

That said, I'm a very happy customer of Sky, and so I'll be able to watch it, it's just that BBC's coverage at the moment is absolutely perfect- I wouldn't change a thing about it.

If James Allen gets a job commentating, I might start watching bike racing instead!
Message 91 of 110 (7,018 Views)
Rank 40: Professor IV
thesoupdragon

Adverts in the middle of the action again! Sad.gif

So pundits sat in a studio talking nonsense for an hour before, during and after the Race. Classic Sky Sports. Angry.gif

Does this mean all the cars will come out one by one to their own theme song... ROFL.gif

Autism_sig.png

Message 92 of 110 (7,017 Views)
Nabs

I stopped watching when ITV had the rights because i thought their coverage was rubbish + the adverts every 15mins get really annoying!

I'm not a sky customer and would no way dream of paying £50 a month for the privillege of Sky's frankly terrible sports coverage.

TSD you got the nail on the head with this one

thesoupdragon wrote:

So pundits sat in a studio talking nonsense for an hour before, during and after the Race. Classic Sky Sports. Angry.gif

Message 93 of 110 (7,006 Views)
Tom

Exceptional use of tags there Nabs :smileywink:
Message 94 of 110 (7,003 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
anobeithiol

Just heard that F1 have signed a broadcast deal with SKY from next season. Good or Bad??
Message 95 of 110 (6,991 Views)
Rank 12: Guide I
dnairb001

From what I've seen on a number of websites and forums the general consensus is that pretty much 99%, give or take a % are against this and a great many fans are threatening to turn their backs on the sport rather than watch half a season or pay extortionate amounts to watch it. I'm undecided at the moment as I already pay for Sky, though I will be reducing my subscription package as soon as the special offer I'm on ends. 

Knowing that viewing figures will undoubtedly fall (I really can't see how moving it to a pay channel can increase viewing figures when it was already showing on the same equipment for free), I would like to know what the major sponsors, such as Vodafone, think about the thought of their viewing audience shrinking.

I just hope this doesn't become another sport that gets relegated to Sky sports 3 or 4 in the hope that people sign up to that to watch. If that happens it's doomed :smileysad:

Message 96 of 110 (6,976 Views)
Administrator
Administrator
JD

What a great, incident packed race yesterday! I'm really glad Button won and felt a little bad for Hamilton who really seems to have matured a little compared tro earlier in the season. It's brilliant to see McLaren letting them race wheel to wheel too.

Message 97 of 110 (6,960 Views)
Tom

Absolutely, that's what it should be like every week! None of this "Fernando is faster" rubbish or Red Bull's "hold position" bumf.

I really don't care who wins the championship now, for me, the real driver's championship is Button vs. Hamilton, and who'll come out on top.
Message 98 of 110 (6,956 Views)
Rank 12: Guide I
dnairb001

Tom wrote:
Absolutely, that's what it should be like every week! None of this "Fernando is faster" rubbish or Red Bull's "hold position" bumf.

I really don't care who wins the championship now, for me, the real driver's championship is Button vs. Hamilton, and who'll come out on top.

Must agree with that, apart from last week with Lewis's battles with Alonso and Webber, Lewis and Jenson battling for position do make for an exciting race. Considering they've probably made some of the best racing and overtaking moves so far it's a shame they're not 2nd and 3rd, yet. :smileywink:

Message 99 of 110 (6,939 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Not long now till the new game is released. 20th of September I believe?

Loved 2010, can't wait for 2011. :smileyhappy:

Wayne

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 100 of 110 (6,182 Views)