Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2011 Discussion Thread

RetiredTom
Community Manager (Retired)

Morning All,

I don't know about any of you, but I'm starting to get really excited for the new F1 season which is just around the corner!

Forums I've used in the past have always had an F1 thread the members can use to talk about any news, upcoming races and so on, so now we have this off topic section, I thought I'd create one here too!

So, who do you follow and what are your hopes for the coming season?

I'm a die-hard McLaren fan, so am eagerly awaiting the new car launch on 4th February. From what the team were saying when I visited the MTC back in November, this should be a competitive year, so I'm hoping for Lewis to win his second championship.

110 REPLIES 110

JD

What a great, incident packed race yesterday! I'm really glad Button won and felt a little bad for Hamilton who really seems to have matured a little compared tro earlier in the season. It's brilliant to see McLaren letting them race wheel to wheel too.

RetiredTom
Absolutely, that's what it should be like every week! None of this "Fernando is faster" rubbish or Red Bull's "hold position" bumf.

I really don't care who wins the championship now, for me, the real driver's championship is Button vs. Hamilton, and who'll come out on top.

dnairb001
13: Advanced Member

@Tom wrote:
Absolutely, that's what it should be like every week! None of this "Fernando is faster" rubbish or Red Bull's "hold position" bumf.

I really don't care who wins the championship now, for me, the real driver's championship is Button vs. Hamilton, and who'll come out on top.

Must agree with that, apart from last week with Lewis's battles with Alonso and Webber, Lewis and Jenson battling for position do make for an exciting race. Considering they've probably made some of the best racing and overtaking moves so far it's a shame they're not 2nd and 3rd, yet. :smileywink:

Not long now till the new game is released. 20th of September I believe?

Loved 2010, can't wait for 2011. :Smiling:

Wayne

eForum Team

RetiredTom
Now you just need an Xbox so I can show you how it's done Wayne :Winking_smiley:

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Already got mine preordered from amazon for my PS3!

I have been a Michael Schumacher fan since 1991 and i hardly watch formula 1 now since his 2nd retirement, i do not mind Seb Vettel but it is Michael that takes number 1 in my life.Michael gave a wonderful sparkling feelings sensation when he was driving now the sparkle has gone.

Is this still active? If so, thoughts on Alonso reckoning that McLaren can get 4th?

Nabs

I would this another reason Vodafone spend a lot of money is that sponsoring an F1 team is a global advertising deal.

Instead of spending several large amounts of money sponsoring smaller teams in each country they spend a single large amount of money sponsoring a team that travels all over the world, i would be suprised if this is a much cheaper deal on vodafones part.

Tesco only exsist in the UK so sposoring a global team wouldn't make sense for them, their money would be better spent on billboards and tv ads in this country.

RetiredTom

Actually Nabs, top trivia for you, Tesco have operations in more than ten countries! Although admittedly several of them are under other names. You also have to bear in mind the countries where Vodafone have operations (more than 30) are places which have high numbers of F1 viewers, Europe and Australia mainly. It'd be interesting to compare our number of customers in each country to F1 viewers in them.