cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I post a new message on this forum instead of replying?

laurenmaybury
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

can someone help me?

how do i ask a question on this forum?! i cant figure out how to do it and it isn't in the guidelines, can only reply to messages like this!

please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

If you look at the top of the page you should see

Support: eForum:Time out:Chill lounge

Click on the eForum link, and it will take you to the main page of the forums

Select the category you want to post the message in (in this case it is Chill Lounge) and under the search box, you should see a new message button.

View solution in original position

35 REPLIES 35

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Lauren,

If you wanted to start a new thread, at the top of each subject board (in this case the Chill Lounge) you’ll see a ‘New Message’ button. Clicking this will open up a new thread allowign you to post your query.

However, as I’m here now, how can I be of assistance? If you can give a brief insight into your query, I’ll be able to help further.

Thanks

Andrew

Sorry if this is in wrong section I am desperate
Due to an incorrect date of birth on an old account closed in 2007 experian now think my mother and I are one person, Vodafone used her date of birth but my name. I need the date of birth changed and for Vodafone to respond to experians requests. I have tried so many ways, in store, no idea what to do cos account closed, on phone will not communicate cos is closed account and say cant prove who I am , store has sent emails and so I have I so far no joy.i will loose my house because of this I am desperate.

Hi phoebetingis, 

We can take a look into this and see what we can do to help - I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to contact the team, follow these and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul

Magicman13

Hi.

The first thing i woluld suggest is if you and your Mum can take in forms of Photo ID into a store to show a mistake has been made. The reason is that bot you and your mum may have the same name(which i assume is the case otherwise the credit check would have failed as the name/DOB wouldn't match), so the contract may have been taken by your mum for you or vice versa, and you could be trying to have a default moved from you to your mum to defraud the system (i'm not suggesting that you are, but Vodafone would have to make sure).

Experian should still be able to seperate your credit report from your Mums either way, so i am guessing that you or your mum has incurred a default which has been applied to the wrong credit file. If that is the case, the account is in your name so the default would still stand once this issue has beenn resolved.

The ID request should clear this up with Vodafone (especially if you and your mum have different first names) and Vodafone can then inform Experian of the mistake.

Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento

Using Google Chrome in another tab I am at Home->Support->Internet. I cannot see a New Message button anywhere. I don't think I saw one on this page, either.

grolschuk

If you look at the top of the page you should see

Support: eForum:Time out:Chill lounge

Click on the eForum link, and it will take you to the main page of the forums

Select the category you want to post the message in (in this case it is Chill Lounge) and under the search box, you should see a new message button.

Thank you. Following your advice I was able to post a new question. But I found it confusing that the New Message button appears only when I was in a forum with threads listed but not while viewing messages. I had been viewing various threads to see if my question had been answered elsewhere. As it hadn't, using a Reply button would have been inappropriate so (naturally, it seems to me) a New Message should be available.

I have only just discovered that I need to be at the head of the eForum tree in order to sign out. That's not very intuitive, either!

grolschuk

I've also often thought that, although always come to the conclusion that you are already inside a thread and you can't start a new topic inside a topic that you have open.

Maybe a good suggestion to see if it can be implemented and the new message gets put in the same topic area as the thread you are currently in...

I am not seeing a button in the subject board to press to start a new message - I was in the Chill Lounge and no such button exists.  HELP!