Support:

Chill lounge

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
ajbain88

VIP Winners Tickets - Can somebody from Vodafone PLEASE help me!?

So on Monday afternoon I received a text message from Vodafone stating that I'd won front row seats to London Fashion Weekend on Thursday 23rd February. Excellent I thought! So I logged onto the vodafone website, went to the VIP section where a little box popped up in the middle of the screen asking me to fill in my details so I could claim my prize. I did so, but after hitting continue (or something similar) the page just attempted to load, unsuccessfully, for a few minutes. I hit the continue button again and the same problem occurred. I had a prior engagement so left the computer and tried again the next morning; this being yesterday. Yet again the same problem occurred so I left it once again and tried yesterday evening where yet AGAIN the same problem occurred. I attempted to confirm my details several times yesterday until I believed I had eventually managed to address the problem and indeed confirm my details and therefore accept my prize. I waited for a confirmation email which due to the time yesterday evening I thought would arrive today, yet when it had not done so by about 1pm I logged into my vodafone account to find no information relating to the prize I was told I had won on Monday. I had tried on Tuesday to contact vodafone over the issue, but as has been the case for at least 6 months now whenever I attempt to get in touch with vodafone through the 'Contact Us' button on their website I run into the same problem whereby the page will constantly be loading without ever actually connecting to the page itself. 

By this point I was obviously very confused as to what was happening so called vodafone customer care. After explaining my problem to the advisor and being put on hold I was then cut off. I began going through the process again by calling the same number, was connected to another advisor who then passed me to somebody in the sales department for a still unknown reason, who eventually passed me back to a care advisor in Kilmarnock named Ed. Having logged into my account he too could not access the 'Contact Us' page or explain why the VIP free tickets offer had not been confirmed. Whilst he was very nice about the whole situation he was unable to offer any help or advice because the VIP service is an online only offer, meaning after spending over 40 minutes on two separate calls to Vodafone customer care I am not only no closer to having the free tickets I tried multiple times to accept, but am also no closer to finding out why I was unable to accept the tickets I won. 

I have now had to sign up to this forum in the hope that by posting this here somebody from vodafone will be monitoring it and attempt to get back to me and offer some assistance, as I have exhausted the only other routes I know to no avail.

Message 1 of 15 (3,718 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Re: VIP Winners Tickets - Can somebody from Vodafone PLEASE help me!?

Hi ajbain88,

We'll be happy to help get this chased up for you. I have escalated your details to the relevant team and we'll get back to you as soon as we hear anything.

Can you also confirm for me which browser and version you're using on the site, as we are unaware of any issues on the VIP site, so if we can identify anything specific it may be useful in preventing this in future?

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 15 (3,708 Views)
ajbain88

Hi Dave,

I'm using Google Chrome and as far as I can tell it's the most up to date version available. The vodafone respresentative I spoke to on the phone was also having trouble connecting the 'Contact us' section of the website through my account, and to make you aware this is not limited to just the VIP section of the website.

Thank for your help,

Alasdair

Message 3 of 15 (3,705 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Thanks for confirming that for me.

I'm just waiting on a response to the email chasing this for you..

In the meantime, can I get you to clear your browser cache for me to remove anything which may be affecting any page loads? You'll find instructions on this in the Google Chrome Help Centre.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 15 (3,701 Views)
ajbain88

Cheers Dave,

I've just cleared the browser cache as you suggested but I thought I'd better let you know that I do this quite regularly anyway to be honest.

Alasdair

Message 5 of 15 (3,697 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
mobing

simple but useful tips !:smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 15 (3,676 Views)
ajbain888

Dave I am absolutely furious now. It's still me, ajbain88 here, but for some reason all has changed with vodafone's attitude to me today.

Having posted a long explanation of what the problem was here and on your facebook page yesterday, I wake to find today that when I try to log into this marvelous eforum it says no account exists under these details despite the fact I can still view my previous posts above, and when I go back to the facebook page I find that you've DELETED MY POST!!! What kind of customer service is this? I have been a Vodafone customer since 2006 , more than half a decade and you cannot even address an issue I raise with your team! You shouldn't be embarrassed by unintentional errors made by vodafone, you should attempt to address them for the sake of your (clearly blindly) loyal customers.

Honestly though actually deleting my post from your facebook page and then blocking my account on here so that not only can I not log on or request a new password, but I cannot even sign up again with the same email address (meaning somebody in your office clearly knew exactly what they were doing).

All I wanted to know is why you offered me a prize which I was then unable to accept through the only means presented to me; your website. Now I want to understand how the vodafone team think this is an acceptable way to treat a customer, in my opinion an unfairly wronged customer, and how that team will attempt to make amends to that customer? 

I wanted to post to ask why I had heard nothing in regards to the tickets I was offered but unable to accept, and obviously I still wish to receive an answer over this as well as hear vodafone's suggested remedy, but now I would also like Dave to address the issues I have raised above.

And Dave, you had better respond to ajbain888 now because I cannot access ajbain88 anymore...

Message 7 of 15 (3,663 Views)
ajbain888

http://bit.ly/yRuUS6 PLEASE HELP ME VODAFONE!!! Don't delete this post, just give me an answer

Posted from Facebook
Can somebody please help me with this issue, I have posted on your facebook page and eforum but have since had my facebook page post DELETED and eforum account blocked! All I want is an answer to my question. I have been a customer for over 6 years and am very surprised by how you treat your customers. Could you provide me with the contact details for the escalation team at your executive office please?
Message 8 of 15 (3,654 Views)
ajbain888

Re: http://bit.ly/yRuUS6 PLEASE HELP ME VODAFONE!!! Don't delete this post, just give me an answer

Posted from Facebook
http://bit.ly/yRuUS6 This link will explain all you need to know about my issue. I can no longer access the eforum but my post there will explain all
Message 9 of 15 (3,653 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi Alasdair

Thank you for your post. I can confirm that the eForum team are very much aware of your post and they are doing everything they can to ensure that you’re able to accept your prize. We’re currently awaiting further information from the VIP team and as soon as there is any further information your post will be updated.

In relation to your Facebook post, it has not been removed at any point and your post including replies can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/vodafoneUK/posts/10150491244159385

As new posts appear they are shown in date order so older posts then drop off the end of the page. As you can clearly see we have a very busy Facebook wall so this can often happen quite quickly.  

In relation to your eForum login, I can confirm that your original account is still very much active and at no point has your usage of the eForum been restricted. If you require help with your eForum login and require a password reset please let me know.

Thanks

Simon

Message 10 of 15 (3,639 Views)
ajbain888

*This is copied from a response I posted on the vodafoneUK facebook page wall. I am reposting here as I do not have the time to constantly post two different responses to the "assistance" that is sporadically offered from the vodafone UK team. I just find this whole situation absurd, I am today only receiving assistance because I created a new account on this forum as well as taking to twitter to vent my frustration.*

Hi Simon,

Firstly I'd like to thank you for responding to my post. This seems to be quite a rarity amongst others at your firm. Now I would like to clear one or two things up.

My post was certainly removed, or if not it was hidden from public view as I spent about 20 minutes scouring you wall to be absolutely certain I hadn't missed it. Very impressed that I managed to turn vodafone's opinion to the extent they felt they actually did need to address my concerns though. I know this to be true for certain as scrawling through the other posts on your wall I began to follow Dal Carey's posts of complaint/reconciliation, one of which is only two before mine, and did not/could not see my post anywhere. If you honestly think I would not recognise my own name in print or a picture of myself then I am quite insulted at the lack of respect you are demonstrating. I have no idea who in your team was responsible for this so I will not suggest it was you Simon, although Shaun Rose intimates this has happened in the past so this is clearly a working practice amongst those handling the facebook account for vodafone UK.

Secondly I no longer have access to my eforum account. When I try to login it states that details matching my username and password do not exist, even when I try to request a new password, yet when I try to sign up with the exact same email address as I did yesterday it says a user account already exists for this email. Extremely suspect if you were to ask me for my opinion, and as this is not in your remit Simon (as far as I am aware) I again would not suggest you knew anything about it.

I just cannot believe I have had to take to your facebook page TWICE, create a two new accounts on your eforum and eventually take to twitter before receiving even a response to acknowledge you are going to continue looking into my complaint!

Good advice for others who have problems with Vodafone though so please leave this up for you other loyal customers read.

Thanks Simon

Message 11 of 15 (3,623 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi Alasdair

I appreciate where you’re coming from and in no way was I insinuating that you would not recognise your own Facebook account and posts on our wall. I would like to draw your attention to the fact however that should your Facebook post have been removed when clicking the link there would be no content displayed. If you click the link I provided in the previous post you will clearly see that the post is still very much active.

We only remove posts from the Facebook wall for the following reasons:

-          Offensive or inappropriate language or material

-          Spam

-          Multiple posts containing the same content

Your post did not fall into this category so it hasn’t been removed.

In relation to your initial query, we are already looking into the complaint and have continued to do so. The reason that the thread was not updated is because there is no further information at this time.

Finally with regards to your eForum login, if you send a direct e-mail to vodafone-eforum@vodafone.co.uk from the e-mail address that you originally setup your eForum account with, our moderator will be able to verify your account and assist with a password reset.

Thanks

Simon

Message 12 of 15 (3,614 Views)
ajbain888

*This has again been copied from a post I placed on vodafoneUK's facebook wall, but after seeing one of my previous posts hidden from public view and then reinstated after complaining on twitter, I am now posting responses on the forum as well in case a similar incident occurs once more.*

Hi Simon,

I can see that the hyperlink you have posted is indeed active and that my post is now there, this morning however it most certainly was not. I checked multiple times before I posted again on your facebook page as I would not be so foolish as to not check the wall of the page before launching into a long explanation of the nature of my complaint. I am still very upset about how this was handled and the way in which I was treated. Having my account on the forum blocked and then my fb post hidden from public view is not something I would expect from a company handling a complaint from a person who has given them custom for six years. I understand you will respond by saying "look it is there now, just click on the link" but I assure I would not have missed my own face staring back at me from my computer screen and my name printed next to it, multiple times, over the course of roughly 20 minutes. If this is the line of argument you are taking I will make it known to the complaints department when I speak to them shortly.

I did receive a call from a nice gentleman from the VIP service vodafone offers a moment ago and the problem has now been addressed. Why this only happened after posting multiple times on your facebook page (one of which was deleted/hidden), posting multiple times on your forum (after having my original account blocked) and eventually having to take to twitter to vent my frustrations, I do not know.

One thing I do find fascinating about this whole saga though is that when I spoke to the customer services department yesterday via telephone, I was informed there was nobody I could speak to regarding the VIP service as this was dealt with solely on the internet. Here I must thank you for founding, hiring staff for, and setting up a manned division for the VIP services you offer just to deal with my complaint (all within less than 24 hours of the original dispute being logged as well may I add). If this is not the case and I could have spoken to a care assistant the entire time instead of having to go through all this trouble, of being blocked from the forum and being made out to be an unhappy customer deliberately trying to deceive other people over the way in which vodafone has handled my dispute with them, then I am even more disillusioned as to the way in which this case has been handled.

I honestly don't know what else to say at this point. If other customers of vodafone are reading this and have a complaint/dispute of their own, all I can suggest is sign up to the forum, post as much as you can before you are blocked and leave messages on their facebook wall as well. However, if you really do wish to garner a response from this company take to a medium where they do not control the content displayed, in my case twitter. No real interest was shown in actually remedying my dispute until I did this and included a representative from Money Supermarket in one of my tweets.

Good luck to the rest of you all, and if like me you do eventually have your case resolved let the executive office know about the practices employed by this section of their company, because they surely cannot be endorsing such things.

Alasdair

Message 13 of 15 (3,603 Views)
ajbain888

*This is the latest development with this case. I am posting it here in case it is removed/filtered into the hidden section of their page, again. Below is the latest response I received from a vodafone respresentative named Lee and my response to his post.*

• Vodafone UK 
    Hi Alasdair,

Thanks for letting us know that your VIP query has now been resolved.

It's a shame to hear that you felt that the only way through which you'd get this resolved was to post both on our Facebook page and eForum together with messaging us via Twitter.

In regard to the post(s) which you believed we'd removed and then reinstated I can only reiterate that this wasn't the case. From time to time the page filters posts into our hidden posts section and until this is checked the post won't become visible until we've unhidden it.

As previously advised your original eForum account remains active and if you'd like to contact the moderators via the email address which Simon provided earlier I'm sure they'll be able to assist you further with getting the password reset.

Kind regards,

Lee
    59 minutes ago
  • Alasdair Bain Hi Lee,

Thank you for responding to my previous post and by doing so as good as admitting that my post was removed from public view at some point on your page. Whether this was intentional or not does not concern me, what does is the way I was belittled by your colleague Simon and made to look like an angry customer making things up in order to smear your company's image. This is clearly not, and has never been the case. Luckily I have already logged a complaint by dialling 191 and speaking to another of your colleagues, and shall be following it up in the near future with this new evidence supporting my claim that my post had been removed from public view.

Now it has been established that there is a possibility my post was indeed removed from public view I look forward to receiving a full and open apology from your colleague Simon for earlier stating that;

" it has not been removed AT ANY POINT and your post including replies can be found here...As new posts appear they are shown in date order so older posts then drop off the end of the page. As you can clearly see we have a very busy Facebook wall so this can often happen quite quickly."

I do not know how long Simon has been employed by your firm but the fact that there was indeed a possibility the post could have been removed from public view, even unintentionally so, makes his earlier comment even more insulting. I also take extreme offence to the insinuation that I was incapable of scrolling down a website page and was then unable to find a picture of myself and my own name printed next to it.

As a member of your staff who I assume deals with customers on a daily basis, to receive a comment such as this is extraordinary. I certainly hope this is not the manner by which your team usually approach an issue raised by one of your customers.

I too agree that it is a shame the only way this issue was addressed was by taking to so many different avenues of complaint, but I do not "feel" this is how it was addressed, this is how it was finally addressed. 

I look forward to receiving the apology from Simon. In accordance with the manner of openness this complaint has been dealt with this can be given either in response to this or through the equivalent thread in the forum.

Thank you Lee,

Alasdair

Message 14 of 15 (3,583 Views)
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Tom

Hi Alasdair,

Lee states that Facebook randomly hides posts from time to time, but to our knowledge this isn't actually what happened to your post, so the information from Simon stands.

I don't like to see customers unhappy so would love to talk to you about our Facebook page and the forum directly if you have time for a call later, as these things are better discussed directly, but I do want to make it clear that we've at no point removed any of your posts from Facebook, or restricted your access to the forum. Here's some information for anyone else reading who is concerned by what's written above:

On Facebook, we see several complaints per day about posts being removed. This is due to the way that Facebook controls the timeline on our wall- it isn't in any way controllable by me or anyone else in the admin team. If you take a look through the history of the wall, you'll see we always link people to their original post.

We also keep a log of any content which has been removed from the Facebook page by us, to ensure we have a paper trail for any queries from customers about where their posts have gone. Once we remove a post, it's gone permanently- we don't hide them, as we'd end up with rather a lot of posts in our hidden queue.

The sorts of things we remove are advertising, excessively bad language and so on. We don't remove any customer complaints from the page- this would be counter-productive as the whole purpose of us having an open wall is to enable customers to get service from us. It wouldn't make sense for us to remove a query from the wall as it would surely just inflame the situation.

On the forum, we operate similar policies in terms of removing content, and having content removed is the only way any form of ban would go onto your account. This would only happen after several warnings, and you've not done anything at all to warrant a warning. As well as a similar log of any warning/removal/ban activity to the one we use for Facebook, as the Community Manager, I have access to a full audit log of all commands carried out on the forum. I've checked this log and can see that at no point have you been suspended from using the site.

I know you're really angry at the moment, but there's no reason at all we'd do the kinds of things you're suggesting. You've gone from being (I assume) a happy customer to a really unhappy one over the course of the last 48 hours, and we don't take any satisfaction in that.

I'll send you an email in a moment asking for your mobile number- if you'd like to talk directly then just reply and let me know a suitable time.

Thanks,

Tom

Community Manager

Message 15 of 15 (3,574 Views)