Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

48 Hours to change the 50Euro Bar ?

darkone338
10: Established
Hi VF

I have a PAYG broadband stick. which I am currently using in Europe... Today, whilst downloading a file, i got a text saying i was at 80% of my 50 euro bar... and then one a minute later saying the limit had been hit. (Ive not had this before with my PAYG BB stick and I use it regularly abroad). I wasnt at the PC when these arrived so wasnt able to immediately deal with them...

Helpfully, the txt msgs tell a user to call customer services, but neglects to inform you of the customer services phone number (not great when im out of the uk and the network my cellphone is on, does not recognise 191 !)

Anyhow, after breaking up my meeting to wander down the road to the local starbucks, i managed to get online and get the Customer Services number that i can dial from outside the uk..
After explaining my problem to the agent, i was told that i had to send a text from my VMC software... great idea with only one minor drawback, as ive hit the cap, it wouldnt let me send that text! (I had already tried)!

At this point the agent tells me she can have the bar removed but its going to take 48 hours ? VF.. Im abroad now, on site with a customer.... 48 hours is just crazy....

Can a mod confirm this really is the case ? The system can cut me off in 30 seconds, but it cant reenable me for 48 hours ?
-----------------------------------------------------

iPhone5
3 REPLIES 3

welshrosco
4: Newbie
The issue is that the cap follows u abroad so its instant to a degree but the message sent from the uk network abroad can take 48 hrs to be recognised.

darkone338
so when a VF cust serv agent tells me that they can remove the bar from their end, it still takes 48 hours ?

*sigh* Im finally going to have to bite the bullet and buy PAYG dongles in every country i visit... I think i need a new laptop bag to carry them all lol.
-----------------------------------------------------

iPhone5

Retired-Holly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Darkone,

I have sent you an email so we can get this sorted for you.

I can confirm bars can take up to 24 hours to be removed on the network side however from an agents point of view it only takes a minute to lift the bar. 24 hours would be the maximum time if there were network delays so apologies for any misinformation.

Thanks

Holly
eForum Team