Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G Data Sim for home broadband

Totalbrill
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I live deep in the country and have found that , following an upgrade from Vodafone to their masts, I can now get fast speeds at home. I have tried landline broadband and satellite and 4G is way superior.

I use about 100 - 120 Gb of data a month at home, but cannot get a data sim for that sort of usage. Vodafone give the best speeds for me, and I have several sims from different companies that I have to exchange during the month.

Assuming that I am not too concerned regarding cost - (I am continuously going just over the capacity I have bought and therefore paying a lot for data) is there any way of purchasing a data sim for that sort of usage.

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Have you considered Vodafone Connect for home broadband. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

My understanding is that uses the phoneline. I am 7 km from the switch and get under 1mB with any company that I use for broadband using ADSL.

If there is a solution that uses the 4G connection only that you are aware of then I would be in seventh heaven.

Thanks

BandOfBrothers

Ok. 

Are you still going to want to use 120Gb of Data 

Current Phone  >

Currently because I limit my usage as much as possible - I dont stream movies or TV - most of my usage is web browsing and email and sychronising of many apple items. With a large family this usage of 60-100GB per month appears to be relatively normal. In a perfect world I'd love to use Netflix etc more often.

AnnS

Hello @Totalbrill

Welcome to the Community.

Since you are a light user and 4G would suit your needs, the cheapest option would be to go the PAYG route.  The closest allowance is 250mb of 4G data costing £5.00 per month.

All details below.

Vodafone Mobile Data

Thanks - but I use about 100-120Gb per month - so am not a light user.

AnnS

@Totalbrill

Ime sorry.  I misread that and thought you mean mb not GB.

No worries

BandOfBrothers

That's a huge amount of data to be honest. 

I I use just over that a month on my Bt Infinity. 

Its possibly going aping to be a high cost if you intend to maintain that usage pattern. 

Vodafone do a Data Test Trial for 2 months on new contacts so you can see your usage. 

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/benefits/vodafone-data-test-drive/

Current Phone  >