Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G pay monthly plan

missmapes
1: Seeker

I have recently purchased an internet dongle with a Sim only plan of 5GB data at £21 per month.

When I bought this, it was very clearly explained to me that if I was about to go over my limit, I would receive notification and would have to give my permission to pay for extra data. I am afraid that I was mis-sold this product.

The first month my payment was as expected. However, I was alarmed to find out that I was charged £53.49 on 3rd November and £46.99 on 2nd December. I received no notification that I was going over the limit and did not give my permission for this extra money to be taken.

It has proved impossible for me to register to the “My Vodafone” section of the website to keep an eye on my account because it is necessary for an activation code to be sent to the mobile. I tried numerous times to register but no activation code came through. I have since been told that, when this was set up, either my email address or phone number should have been linked to the dongle. Clearly this was not done. It has therefore been beyond my control to limit my internet usage. Had I realised that I was going to go over my limit I would not have continued to use the 4G internet.

Please can you explain how I can arrange a refund of the difference? I have used online chat and got cut off.

1 REPLY 1

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If you go over your allowance you will get charged £6.50 for every 250MB that you use in the UK.  This happens without your permission.

How did you take out the plan - what it online, over the phone or in store?

PWIAC