Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4g sim for tablet

Vicbid11
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

i use a tablet for work and it came with a 4g sim so i can get online when im onsite.  At home it connects to the wifi and ive not needed to use it yet. but yesterday i was out and it didn't work. it just said i was offline and there was no mobile connection.  Any ideas before i have to ask my boss and look stupid?

many thanks

12 REPLIES 12

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

I assume that you have checked in the settings to make sure that Cellular Data is enabled.

Also has the sim been activated?

Thank you so much for replying!

the settings all look fine, however, i cant see cellular data in the settings, must searched it and still nothing.

i assume its been activated, i was just given it and told to put it in. how would i go about activating it if it wasnt?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Can you advise which make and model of tablet you use please. 

Also Live Chat will be able to advise on the status of the sim. Ie Activated or not. 

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

Its a Samsung galaxy tab A

Many thanks

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for the information 

Regarding Turning Mobile Data on in the Tablet. 

From the home screen, tap Apps.
Tap Settings.
Tap Connections to select the Connections tab.
Tap More networks.
Tap Mobile networks.
Tap the Mobile data tick box.
Tap OK.

Current Phone  >

within mobile networks there is no option, there is no mobile data tick box to tick. nothing at allsaying mobile data.  There is data roaming, access point names, network mode and network operators???

if you swipe down on the home screen you get a quick connections options and that shows things like bluetooth.  it shows im plugged into the wifi and it appears as if mobile data is turned on, but if i disconnect from the wifi i cant access the internet??

BandOfBrothers

Hmmm 

Im wondering as its a works Tablet  would you have to speak with your IT Department?

Are you able to check the APN settings in the tablet which when set correctly allow connection to Vodafone Data Connection. 

The Apn for Android are ->

Tap the Menu button
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless and networks or More... (depending on your version of Android)
Tap Mobile Networks
Tap Access point names
Tap the Menu button
Tap New APN
Enter the following data into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
Name - Vodafone Internet
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12
MMS Port - 8799
Authentication type - PAP
APN type - If given a choice, select internet+mms, if the keyboard appears enter *
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Tap the Menu button
Tap Save
Enable the newly-added APN by ensuring the line is ticked, or the radio button is lit by tapping on it
Check the notification bar for 4G, H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it, which will indicate your connection is working

Current Phone  >

It won't let me edit the info.

And yeah, Im going to check if the sims activsted then Im just going to have to tell work!

BandOfBrothers

I've read in the past that some workplaces add software to block any changes that are unauthorised on their devices. 

This may / may not be the case here. 

Current Phone  >