Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activation of a new (micro) SIM card

SCOOBYG
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just wondering if anyone has any help/suggestions?

I called Customer service to move my mobile broadband accound over to a micro sim in order to be able to use it both in my dongle and ipad.

All aparently went well with with customer services only to find that after now getting on for 36 hours my number has not been transferred.

It's all becoming a bit of a performance given a number of visits to stores who say they cannot do the switch; emails to Customer services who cannever seem to access my account or understand why I cannot give them the last three dialled numbers for my broadband account. 

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to why this may not have happene? Could it be as it's mobile broadband I didn't have the dongle connected to the network when they tried to attempt the transfer?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi SCOOBYG,

Although the dongle wasn’t connected the SIM change can still be done providing that the number for the Dongle is active on the account.

However, if the SIM still hasn’t been activated please follow the instructions on the PM that I have sent you and one of our team will be able to take a look at this for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

The saga continues...

After a number of visits to Vodafone shops and finally a letter to customer services I still have not managed to move my mobile broadband account and number over to my new micro sim.

The letter I received from Customer Service (possibly against trade descriptions to be called that) indicates that they have kindly activated my new micro sim and added it to my account, which had already been done .

Their reply clearly does not address my request to have my account and number transferred to my new SIM. It is clearly one of the "scripts" that appeaars all they can do.

Does anyone know if there is a technical support team I can contact at Vodafone HQ as a letter to Customer services and what appears to be a standard reply from them has got me nowhere!

I wouldn't mind but this isn't exactly rocket science and when it comes to moving you over from a competitor moving your number to a new SIM never seems to be an issue.

Thanks

Scoobyg

Hi SCOOBYG,

Although we aren’t based at Vodafone HQ we are here to help you resolve your issue.

I have taken a look at your email chain and can’t see any further emails that our team have dealt with due to the routing code you have used having a space in it.

If you follow the instructions on the PM again and make sure the routing code is exactly as it appears on the PM (WRT135 not WRT 135) then one of our team will be able to pick this up for you directly to discuss it further and get everything resolved.

James