Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BT OpenZone login error

jamesy0rk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm going over my data bundle limit because I can no longer log into BTOpenZone WiFi. After I select the option to Login with UK mobile provide, select Vodafone, and then input my userID and password I get an error messages:

(1) as a pre-pay customer you need an active data bundle. please call 191.

This used to work, but has just stopped in the last weeks.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi,

Try forgetting the network in wifi and try again.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Did this work?

Soul_Mind
1: Seeker

I've been trying on/off since 2008 when the Openzone Addon was launch with the Iphone 3G and never once been able to logon, had customer services (who can't understand why or that any issue exists) reset my account countless times, all to no avail.

Just faced with the standard "your details have not been recognised" or "Please check your details and try again"

I know it's free and not to bothered but;

1) It's a service provided to help customers save DATA

2) I sometmes work in towns with no vodafone signal .. shock horror yes vodafone your signal it complete outside of major towns.

3) sort it!!

hrym

BT wifi is a can of worms, mainly because it comes in a variety of flavours, most of which are available to BT Broadband customer only, in spite of being branded the same.   Frankly, it's a bit of an anachronism anyway, now that free wifi is available from so many different sources.  I've given up on BT and mainly rely on O2 (sign up for at one of their hostsed hotspots and you have access to them all) or a free account from The Cloud.

Occasionally, you will find a free BT-hosted hotspot (often in motorway service areas) and your device will rember it as an available connection.  Next time it finds one that looks the same, it'll latch onto it, even if it's one that's not available.  In those cases, you have to grit your teeth and manually select something else.

Vodafone 4G is rolling out quite quickly.   As it has a better range than 3G, you should find that non-urban coverage improves - though a lot of rural areas are still 2G and may remain that way for some time.