Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BT Openzone

JulieHailesWeir
2: Seeker

Hi 

Where exactly can I use the BT Openzone - I have 2GB Free with my account but yet when I try to use it I get a message saying Vodafone do not support it it?

Why?

I could access it with my iPhone 3GS but I have recently upgrade to a 4S and now cannot acccess BT Openzone.  

4 REPLIES 4

JulieHailesWeir

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi JulieHailesWeir,

Check the Coverage Map for the BT Openzone locations you can use from your Vodafone mobile.

You mentioned your getting an error message, What exactly does it say?

Nabs

Search in the available list,  BTOpenzone and then connect by selecting "Vodafone UK"  from the drop down list.

vinod
4: Newbie

Firstly, you have to register for access to BTOpenzone at www.vodafone.co.uk/wifi

After registering, connect to the Wifi by selecting BTOpenzone from the list of SSIDs (availble Wi-fi list).

Open any webpage, this will bring BTOpenzone interception login page. At the main page top section click 'roam using premium partners' or sometimes it comes as login using your mobile operator link and use 'vodafone uk' in the list.

Please note, if you do not see premium partner or mobile operator link  at the BTOpenzone interception page, then you cannot use wifi allowance with this BT Openzone hotspot.

Also note, some hotspots does not allow vodafone login (even though it displays vodafone uk)  . It will display a page that says "this is a BT business hub and login using mobile operator is not allowed". I have no idea why.

When you select vodafone uk, this will bring a vodafone branded login page, and there you login using your vodafone online account login details.

Few other things,

Make sure your phone or device (where the BTOpenzone wifi allowance is given) is attached to Vodafone-UK mobile network at the time of logging in to BTOpenzone. Apparently, this is to make sure they prevent unathorised or giving proxy access to someone else. 

In other words, if you have wifi allowance on a number that ends with 4545, then that simcard bearing the 4545 number on the account must be registered at www.vodafone.co.uk/wifi and online on Vodafone UK mobile network at the time of loging into BTOpenzone via a premium hotspot.

Hope this helps.