cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Lite software version 10 does not support uk settings?

cat980
4: Newbie
why on earth advertise something in uk that doesnt work.isnt designed for use in uk at all??.
have just upgraded(lol)my stick( to a k3570) after the last one one the old paygo/unlimited time scheme,failed.(this did work in uk albeit soooo slooooow)
i now find it doesnt let me change my connection settings to allow the old sim connect(pp.internet) in the forced bundled v10 lite software..
i take it this is an underhanded way of forcing me to adopt the new "use in a month" scheme???.

if this is the case ill just take my custom elsewhere,is bad enough vodafone bband is in fact only dialup with a fancy name.
5 REPLIES 5

jarviser
15: Advanced member

why on earth advertise something in uk that doesnt work.isnt designed for use in uk at all??.
have just upgraded(lol)my stick( to a k3570) after the last one one the old paygo/unlimited time scheme,failed.(this did work in uk albeit soooo slooooow)
i now find it doesnt let me change my connection settings to allow the old sim connect(pp.internet) in the forced bundled v10 lite software..
i take it this is an underhanded way of forcing me to adopt the new "use in a month" scheme???.

if this is the case ill just take my custom elsewhere,is bad enough vodafone bband is in fact only dialup with a fancy name.

Did nobody tell you not everything in websites is correct??

I use full-fat version v10.0.201 downloaded from the business site on the recommendation of my 191 helpdesk and it's fine and as far as I remember gives options in the network profile to change the APN. It also supports the k3570-z unlike version 9.4.6. You may need to change from PAYG to Contract and then back again first.

I would say sod the website warnings and download the full v10.0.201 The website is out of date in many areas.

Or use Ubuntu instead of Windoze - don't need any VMC at all!

cat980

Did nobody tell you not everything in websites is correct??

I use full-fat version v10.0.201 downloaded from the business site on the recommendation of my 191 helpdesk and it's fine and as far as I remember gives options in the network profile to change the APN. It also supports the k3570-z unlike version 9.4.6. You may need to change from PAYG to Contract and then back again first.

I would say sod the website warnings and download the full v10.0.201 The website is out of date in many areas.

Or use Ubuntu instead of Windoze - don't need any VMC at all!

lol,thanks.
yes i have ubuntu on another pc,this laptop has windozy cos my obd2 car/bike tuning software wont run in linux or on my mac so im stuck with xp pro bloatware.
how do i stop the auto install of the v10 lite software on the stick?.
i tried to delete it on stick but it wont have it.
or does the dloaded full version stop it auto exec'ing?.
cheers.

jarviser

how do i stop the auto install of the v10 lite software on the stick?.
i tried to delete it on stick but it wont have it.
or does the dloaded full version stop it auto exec'ing?.
cheers.

It's burned into the internal ROM as read-only. There is a command to disable the ROM but it can stuff the dongle, so you just need to go to Auto-Play settings in Windoze and disable the "Run or install" on "Software and Games" or similar wording. Once the full fat is installed it should not try to re-install the lite.
In Device Manager uninstall the ZTE drivers from Modem, Network Connections and Ports, uninstall the VMC lite software, reboot, use CClean on the registry if you have it, and make sure it's a virgin again before installing the Full-fat VMC with the dongle out. Start the full-fat, plug in the dongle, wait up to several minutes for the VMC to find it and the connect button to un-grey, and it should be installed. You should not need to re-instate auto-play to recognise the dongle, but keep that option up your sleeve. Usually it just takes a couple of minutes to recognise it, Vista being the slowest.
That ZTE dongle is worth every penny of the fiver it probably cost, and personally I use an old business class E220 from ebay.

cat980
nice one,ill have a go at that when i get back from work later in week. thanks muchly.

Retired-Martin
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi cat980

It looks like jarviser has given you some fantastic information here, thanks for that ;)

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Martin
eForum Team