Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CAN NOT ACCESS THE VODAFONE WEBSITE

JamesL
4: Newbie

To the eForum Tech Team or anyone else who can help

I do not understand why I can not access the vodafone website using my BT home hub but can using my vodafone prepay dongle?

I mean it can not be my computer that is at fault or the Internet connection I am receiving because if that was the case then I could not access any website at all regardless of whether I was using my BT home hub or my vodafone prepay dongle or anything else that I could use to connect to the Internet but this is just not the case as the only problem I am receiving is from www.vodafone.co.uk although like I said before I can still access this from my vodafone dongle but only the dongle and since I used to be able to access the website two or three weeks ago from my BT home Hub why I can not do it now is a real puzzel to me that I hope anyone who reads this can answer?

JamesL

109 REPLIES 109

sjbenton

Does Vodafone have some one in the UK that can contact me to sort out my account access and other issues caused by the imporvements to the website and account migration.

This person would ideally be senior, work for Vodafone in the United Kingdom, be resident on shore in the United Kingdom, be able to speak sense, not blame the version of Internet Explorer or any other company for the serious shortcommings of Vodafone UK?

if there is such a person in Vodafone anymore reply to this post and i will get contact details for us to talk?

JamesL
Thanks for your reply ChazzD as a member of the Tech Team

But I consider what you suggested about using the Vodafone live chat team to be a bit of a joke when I would need to be able to access the website in the first place to use the live chat option and I just can not do this so either you have not read my previous posts or you must be stupid?

JamesL

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JamesL

The link I've provided bypasses the website and will take you straight through to our Live Chat service.

If you're unable to load this too, please call customer services on 191 or 03333 040191 instead.

Thanks.

Thanks Again for your reply Chazz

But I am afraid that the link you sent me does not work either as it just takes me on a tour of who the members of the tech team are as nothing else will seem to load so that leaves me with just two options either ring 191 from my mobile (and I do not want to do this as I got nowhere the last time I tried) or just be content to access the vodafone website from my prepay dongle as it is only the dongle I can seem to access it with as nothing else like using a different browser or clearing my memory will work when I am using it with my BT Home Hub and although I am very glad that I still have a prepay vodafone dongle in which I can access the website that is not the point as I used to be able access it using my BT Home Hub but it appears not anymore?

JamesL  

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

When you click the link what do you see?

You should see as per the attachment.

JamesL
NO I am not getting any form of attachment or maybe I am not clicking right link I don't know ? But in anycase the website will just not load well not from the wifi signal I am getting from my BT Home Hub anyway.

JamesL

LeeJS
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JamesL

I've referred this back to @Rahim for further investigation.

As soon as he has further news, he'll update the thread.

I was able at last to get talking in live chat yesterday and the adviser told me my problem might have something to do with the cookies that are being sent from the wifi signal I am receiving from my BT home hub?

Now of course I do not know for sure if this ia actually the case but if it is it would certainly explain why I can access the website from my prepay dongle but not from my BT home hub especially since I can access the website fro my BT home hub just after I reset my BT home hub but it does not last because when I close the page down and then start it up again I am back to square one whereas when I am using my prepay dongle I can close the page down and then open it up again as many times as I like without much of a problem

JamesL 

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JamesL We're currently investigating into this James. 

As soon as we have an update, we'll be in touch. 

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JamesL We're still looking into this. 

We'll be in touch soon with a further update.