Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot Connect To The Internet With K1

hana
Not applicable
I use Motorola K1 (SIM free handset), and my plan is vodafone contract.

Because my handset is SIM free handset, I downloaded WAP and MMS application from Motorola site.
I could use MMS, but could not conncect to the internet.

Actually, when I chose 'Google' in web access, the top page was displayed, but when I typed in something in search box, the message of

'File type not recognised'

was shown.

Please let me know how to fix it :(
4 REPLIES 4

cjm1979
14: Advanced member
I use Motorola K1 (SIM free handset), and my plan is vodafone contract.

Because my handset is SIM free handset, I downloaded WAP and MMS application from Motorola site.
I could use MMS, but could not conncect to the internet.

Actually, when I chose 'Google' in web access, the top page was displayed, but when I typed in something in search box, the message of

'File type not recognised'

was shown.

Please let me know how to fix it :(

Your in the wrong part of the forum. The motorola part is here. You may have more chance of a user knowing the answer there. Have you tried getting VF to send you the settings direct to your phone? Just give 191 a call and they can send them through and then you know you definatly have the right settings.

hana
Not applicable
Hello cjm1979,

Thank you very much! I will call 191.

cjm1979
Hello cjm1979,

Thank you very much! I will call 191.

Hi Hana.
The help page for VF and your phone is here. If you look on the right hand side where there is a picture of your phone underneath it as the connections settings for your phone. Just pick the correct tarrif (contract or pay as you go) and send them to your phone via text and save them. Hope that helps.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi hana,

It looks like cjm has taken the lead on this one!!

I'm sure you're all up and running now, but if you could confirm this has worked as per cjm's suggestion so we can be sure.

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team