Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot connect to mobile internet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeeyyy!!!  :l  I've reached the 30th day and still I have no internet access. I have had 15 phone calls, 7 chats, spoken to 2nd line tech support and had a call back (call no.16), completed a sim swap, been advised to wait all the working hour timescales you can think of, been through the scripted phone settings, manual roam, acc reset, switching settings on and off, tried the sim card in other handsets, task force, senior executive. Oh and the advice of 'maintenance in my area' which has already happened. All on the promise that it would definately work. Apart from when I spoke to the leave department (not as I actually want to leave but I don't who else to talk to) and they suggested I port out and then back in again. NO. I don't want to leave, I just want to use the Vodafone network like I should be able to.

28 REPLIES 28

Retired-Viki_R
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Zappa

I've just checked this reference number and I can see that we replied to you yesterday.

If you aren't satisfied with the response, please email them back.

Thanks,

Viki

Zappa
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
So this thread is a waste of time too. All they said was "wait a couple of days". I'm fed up of constantly being told this, because after a couple of days nothing ever changes, and I am now 14 days without data. It's not good enough. You obviously can't push this either.

"super users team" ???? Pfffft....

Forget it....

Day 15 update :

Right, hang on, I'll switch it off and back on......

No. Still not on.

Day 16 update

Email from Vodafone (social media team)

Hi

I understand your concern in regard to the data services.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you've had so far. I realise you had undergone difficulties to get this resolved.

I've checked your account and can see that the case has been already escalated to our dedicated team and will get in touch with you once we've any updates. Once the issue gets resolved we can discuss the fair compensation to your account.

We request your patience in the meantime.

Ha! I've been patient for 16 days. Why haven't you fixed it? Why hasn't anyone been in touch with me purely out of courtesy to let me know what the problem is / what you're doing and have done to try and fix it? Well, come on.....

Day 17 update :

Rang 191 again. Was told that everything was going to be reset on my account at 8pm last night, so my phone would be offline for up to 12 hours but would be back on again by 8am.

It never went off. It's still not working.

Thanks.

Day 18 update:

Guess what? No, still not working. Gonna phone 191 tomorrow and have a good rant at some poor adviser.

Pathetic.

Day 19 update:

Phoned 191 twice today. Cut off during being put on hold half way through my first call. So I phoned back and get through to a lad in Egypt. Went through the whole rigmarole again. He suggested a new APN, so I made one of them with the settings he said. Told me to reboot the phone and he'd call me back in 15 minutes. So I reboot the phone but it's made no difference. But I did get a call back, where he says now select a different network, then reselect Vodafone again, then reboot phone and he'll call back in 30 minutes. I do this, it's made no difference. And this time I didn't get a call back. Well, not up to now. 6½ hours later.

I also emailed again yesterday, hoping to get the UK tech help team to phone me back. But haven't had a reply from them yet either.

Grim....

Day 20 update:

Mobile data back on. No phonecall from Vodafone though.

Thanks for listening.

Hi @Zappa

I can see that we emailed you yesterday afternoon. 

If you have any further issues please get back in touch.

Thanks,

Sarah