Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot connect to mobile internet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeeyyy!!!  :l  I've reached the 30th day and still I have no internet access. I have had 15 phone calls, 7 chats, spoken to 2nd line tech support and had a call back (call no.16), completed a sim swap, been advised to wait all the working hour timescales you can think of, been through the scripted phone settings, manual roam, acc reset, switching settings on and off, tried the sim card in other handsets, task force, senior executive. Oh and the advice of 'maintenance in my area' which has already happened. All on the promise that it would definately work. Apart from when I spoke to the leave department (not as I actually want to leave but I don't who else to talk to) and they suggested I port out and then back in again. NO. I don't want to leave, I just want to use the Vodafone network like I should be able to.

28 REPLIES 28

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous

I'm not surprised your upset and frustrated at the situation. :Sad_face:

I would ask Customer service via 191 to Fully Reset my whole account to see if that flushes out the problem. 

Forgive me for asking -> I assume you've checked your online myvodafone just to double check no account bars in connection to Data has been inadvertently toggled on. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have done this. These had been added and removed by CS to remove the anomaly. I get told things are purged, then not purged. Before all this happened I didn't even have a number as I ported into Vodafone and the number was lost in the system for 12 days. I've had internet added, removed, add ons, then taken off. I have explored and experienced every avenue offered for this to be resolved and there is still something wrong, no internet.

BandOfBrothers

Ok.

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. 

A member of the Vodafone Tech Team should be along to Help you further. 

I hope this is resolved ASAP for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

redpages

Wow, that's some extensive troubleshooting. At the very least it sounds like its narrowed it down to a SIM or network problem if the SIM isn't working across different handsets. Being advised to port out then back in again is ridiculous in fairness. 

As Lee said, the team on here should be able to pick this up. Alternatively I've always found sitting down with someone in a retail shop a good way to solve things like this, they can physically examine and test the SIM and so on. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello Voda_ 

This sounds very odd - I completely understand your upset at the delay in resolving this. 

Have you tried inserting the SIM into a different phone to test if perhaps the device itself is at fault?

I understand you have done this many times, however please recall customer services and discuss the next steps as this problem still isn't resolved. 

Louise

Did this get resolved?  I have exactly the same problem and don't seem to be gettign anywhere with Vodafone.  They seem to be perfectly happy to carry on charging for a service I am noy receiving.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. I have contacted customer services as I was advised and I had a call back. Again, I went through the handset settings, account settings etc. I was informed when a response is received from 'back office' I will receive a further call back. Still waiting for this back office call, 5 days on. This suggests to me, this is one of the major contributions to the problem. Through out my contact with Vodafone regarding the issue, I have been advised details of the issue will be passed to back office. Though when I then contact Vodafone again to chase (as the timescale qouted has passed) I get told, they have not received a response. I understand today is not a working day for network changes, but for me, this is now day 40 without internet access - I might as well have a 90's Nokia. I have read your post and I sympathise with whats happened and totally agree to how you have felt. The last contact I had with Vodafone customer services, suggested I move away from the network and then come back again. Now why would I move away from the network, then come back (having a new account number) and potentially starting from square one where I would be no account history? Exactly, it would be rediculous. I really do hope you have a solution quicker than I hope to receive.

hi Voda

I completely understand your distress and anger at this ongoing issue, our apologies. 

I have sent you a Private Message with further instruction on how to escalate this issue. 

Louise

Louise - perhaps somebody could do me the same courtesy?  See my post written today about the same issue.  I am already talking with Customer Relations but feel thst a solution should/could be found within a more reasonable time frame.