Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot connect to mobile internet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeeyyy!!!  :l  I've reached the 30th day and still I have no internet access. I have had 15 phone calls, 7 chats, spoken to 2nd line tech support and had a call back (call no.16), completed a sim swap, been advised to wait all the working hour timescales you can think of, been through the scripted phone settings, manual roam, acc reset, switching settings on and off, tried the sim card in other handsets, task force, senior executive. Oh and the advice of 'maintenance in my area' which has already happened. All on the promise that it would definately work. Apart from when I spoke to the leave department (not as I actually want to leave but I don't who else to talk to) and they suggested I port out and then back in again. NO. I don't want to leave, I just want to use the Vodafone network like I should be able to.

28 REPLIES 28

Hello Michaeldavis79 

I have sent you a Private Message with further instruction on how to escalate this. 

Thanks,

Louise

13 days and counting with no data here, and no idea whats going on. Phoned 191 every day until I realised I was wasting my life. Just told its with the "super users team who are working on it "RIGHT NOW",  who are a faceless department who are impossible to get hold of. Been to the shop 3 times, its now out of their hands. It's not the phone. Sim was replaced, didn't work, didn't work in the shop phone, and the shop phone sim works OK in mine so definitely my account. Been on twitter, filled an online form in, got a call back from UK customer care centre a day later who said they will have more chance sorting this out and would keep me informed. That was 48 hours ago. Heard nothing. There is no way of getting in touch with them as the 0333 number I dialled went to Egypt, who told me the UK customer care centre cannot be contacted directly???  I will not phone 191 again as I just get nowhere. If I could bail out I would, but unfortunately I'm stuck with 10 more months with Vodafone.

Absolutely abysmal service......

Update:

I phoned 191 again. Waste of time, they can't fix it. Just reset my network whilst I was on the phone as I got cut off and had "Emergeny Call Only". Unlucky, good try.

So I send a reply to the social media team email (who I recieved an email to fill a form in to get UK customer services to contact me) to say its still not working and no-one has been back in touch since my call on Monday. Anyhow, later on in the day I get a phone call on this "UK" looking number, where it ended up being from India. Thne operator went through my case, put me on hold and then said he wanted to try a few things. So he tells me to take my sim card out, put it back in and restart the phone. Imagine my surprise when it makes no difference. "No its still not working" I tell him. He seems shocked as this hasn't worked. So all he can do is escalate it again. 

BRILLIANT!

Retired-Viki_R
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Zappa

My apologies for the trouble you've been experiencing recently, I can imagine that this must be very frustrating for you.

The best thing for you to do in this case is to reply to any emails you've received from customer care, they will receive it and will reply to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Viki

Well that doesn't really help does it? Look at yesterdays effort (take your simcard out and put it back in) after I sent an email.

How many times does it have to get "escalated" before someone does anything? Who are the uncontactable "super user team"??

I'll send another today and let you know what happens. Maybe they'll say "have you switched it off and back on again?" this time, then escalate it again. It's a farce.

14 days.......

And how come you haven't sent me a private message of how to escalate this, like you did with the others?

Retired-Viki_R
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Zappa

The situation has already been escalated, this is why you're receiving the emails from us so I don't need to do that for you as they already have this in hand and you're already in touch with them.

Viki

They've had it in hand for 13 days now.

How long is a reasonable time for someone to do anything about it?

Why has no-one phoned me back with updates after they say they've "escalated it and someone will contact me within 72 hours"?

They are not contactable themselves, even the techies on 191 can't get in touch with them except via email.

No light at the end of the tunnel.

Retired-Viki_R
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Have you replied to the emails you've had, if so how long ago was this and do you have a reference number?

Viki

"Have you replied to the emails?" you ask.

Have you not read my posts then?

Ref no: WRT165(#13772486)