Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Credit Default

wilmotd
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, just trying to find the right Vodafone employee to direct me where I need to go.

Back in university in 2010 I had a Vodafone dongle, as soon as university finished I moved house thinking that the term of my contract with Vodafone had expired and I had no reason to carry on paying.  However, upon looking at my credit file I can see that Vodafone have placed a default on my file for a missed payment which is severely affecting my credit score as it's the only black mark I have.  The amount owed is 15 pound which I have no problem with paying but am I able to have the default removed as I never received any sort of correspondance regarding this payment and still wouldn't of had I not checked my credit file.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dean

25 REPLIES 25

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi wilmotd and welcome to the forum,

That is not nice! You need to call the Vodafone Collections Department on 191. Or wait for one of the excellent team here to come to your rescue - but they are very busy and that might take a while.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi wilmotd,

Thanks for posting. While we'll be able to look at getting the default settled so that it shows as closed, there's no way we'll be able to remove it completely from your credit file. As you would have had a final bill with a corresponding due date, the default would probably remain. A closed default certainly helps your credit score more than an open one though. :Smiling:

As this is an account specific issue, we'll need to speak to you directly. Could you follow the special instructions I've sent to you via Private Message for me? You can find your PM inbox here. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben 

Dear Vodafone,

I have recently contacted vodafone to pay my outstaning bills for £32 (which charged me after my contract finished) since 18/12/2012

I also requested to close my default account or remove it.

Today I have just checked my credit score. The status of my Vodafone account still shows as Default with current balance as 'Satisfied'.

I believe this is a mistake of Vodafone.

Could you please advise.

I need the status of my vodafone account to be 'Closed default' as you mentioned.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jariya,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

So that I can clear this up for you, I need to check a few details.

Was the £32 an overdue balance? If so and this caused a default to be registered on your credit file, then once the balance has been cleared this will be correctly updated to show as ‘Satisfied’.

I’m unsure why you think there has been a mistake as if this has been updated as ‘Satisfied’ then this is correct.

Please get back to me to clarify and I’ll be happy to assist you further.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

It is becuase instead of changing the status to Satified, the balance has been changed to satified . As you can see at the photo below. the status reamins default but the balance shows as satisfied.

vodafone.JPG

Can you please advise.

Regards,

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jariya,

Thanks for the screenshot, it clears up any confusion. We can certainly look into this for you so, to get the ball rolling, I’ve just sent you a PM.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can’t access this link, please ensure that the box next to “Turn on private messages” is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Follow the details in the PM and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks

Andrew

Magicman13
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

The default status will show on the account for 6 years.

Just because you have paid the balance, this doesn't remove the default.

Vodafone will not remove the default as this is due to an unpaid balance, Vodafone have a legal responsibility to your future creditors to show that you defaulted on a payment, regardless of amount.

Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento

Dear Vodafone, 

I am experiecing the same credit default problem, I tried to call Vodafaone customer service, they were not able to identify the default i have with Vodafone. Myself is abit confused too. It has been in my account for more than 5 years, and i just found out now.. as my mortgage broker came back with a sad declined news. 

Please help!

Many thanks 

Sisi 

I have same problem here, please can someone tell me how to get in touch with the credit team? Or Can somebody give me a call and run a check on my old account?

Many thanks 

Sisi