Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data SIM for GSM modem

D-A-Peg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I need to purchase a data enabled SIM for use in a GSM modem. I have tried calling vodafone several times, searched the internet and there is very limited info as to where I can get one. Please direct me to the correct department to speak to someone who understands what I am talking about.

11 REPLIES 11

Yes the number is displayed on the phone screen. If I turn my wifi off on the phone at home it logs in to the 4G or 3G network and I can browse quite happily. The SIM is a data SIM for use only in dongles or tablets etc for browsing the internet. So its totally useless for the purpose I need it for and vodafone people in the shop have no idea of the application I was describing. Whilst it has what appears to be a mobile number associated with the SIM it does not work. I'm guessing that as modems are old technology and very rarely used these days they had no idea of them. They only know what is relevant now. 

Hello @D-A-Peg

My sincere apologies for the delay. I am going to Private Message you with further help on this.

Viki