Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data Sim Not Activated

gideon
4: Newbie

I'm currently going through a peroid of wondering whether the left hand knows what the right hand is doing.

I was offered a better deal on my current contract and upgraded to the Red sharing deal, with which I would get a extra sim for data and an R207. yay, says I, extra data, wi-fi device which will save my phones battery, whole nine yards.

So they sent me the device, and a blank Sim. No sign of any details as to what number the data sim would use, no nothing. Since then I've spoke to Vodafone twice, and each time, after some bafflement, I've been told "they haven't activated it, we'll have to get our tech team to do so."

Which they haven't yet, even at the second time of asking, and prmoising it would be done. It's apparently got a number, because the second personI spoke to told me what it was, but for some reason it hasn't been turned on (and like somebody else's post, I can't stick it in my phone and do it as it's a normal size sim whereas the phone is a micro/nano, so I wouldn't be able to put it back in.)

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Vodafone shops and pound shops sell SIM card adapters that make a nano into a micro SIM card etc. 

That said they should be able to activate it. 

A vodafone shop can activate it too. 

If this was my situation I'd ring customer complaints. 

Vodafones Complaints number[Removed by admin]

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @gideon

The information on how to find the number for your data SIM, can be found on the link below.

How do I find the number for my mobile WiFi Device or data dongle?

If this is the first time you have used the data SIM on your Red Sharer Plan, you will first need to download the correct software. When this has been done, as soon as you make a connection to the internet, the SIM will be activated and ready for your use.

You can find the information on how this can be done on the link below.

Support - Getting started data dongle

If you continue to have problems, live chat or CS are there to help.  Alternatively, please come back to the forum.

Those instructions alas don;'t work for this situation as the instructions for the sim are for the USB data dongle, not the mi-wfi, and the instruction for the mi-fi assume the sim is already active.

Live chat didn't understand the problem when I tried them, and then told me "oh you'll have to phone our tech team" and gave me a phone number that maps out to 191.

Having spoken once in store, once on the phone, I have now been told twice that this would be escalated with the tech team as there's something they haven't done on the system to actually activate things. Two escalations, still nothing.

Hi @gideon

I understand your frustration at this, I am going to send you a Private Message with further help. 

Louise