Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data allowance message not good enough

Fourbears
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have the My Vodafone app which is ok for telling you data useage. However VF do text you to tell you when you are getting close to your allowance total as I recently had. However, this text told me that I had less than 200mb left, not a problem as I was close to my billng date, but when I checked the app straight away, to my horror I actually had less than 50mb left, quite a disparity. Anyway I thought I would raise this on the website and speak to a customer service adviser (Live chat as I couldn't be bothered to try to talk to someone with most likely an accent on a poor telephone line) but they quite clearly did not understand my issue. They told me that I would get a message when I got to 80% of my data allowance and another just before 100% use. Now they cannot do maths very well because despite me pointing out that 200mb of 500 mb is not 80% and the complete disparity between the text and the app I got no further. In fact I was quite despondent that they could not understand why I was not happy. My point is don't rely on the text but check the app or your account. Oh and realise that a monthly allowance of 500mb is not that great really which I am stuck with until my contract ends later this year as I was told I could have 1Gb of data but my monthly cost would double. Er no thanks.

My point is that VF really should do better if they think that this text message is a good service.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @Fourbears

I have seen past posts where people discuss the subject of the warning text message as some have relied upon it. General advice is not to rely on actually recieving a text as they always don't materialise. 

As smartphones are constantly updating in the background it's feasible that when Vodafone had their data left to use figure and sent it that your phone had since gone onto use more data thus the figures do not tally. As you say a person has the Myvodafone option to be able to monitor their allowance usage. 

Also most phones have an inbuilt monitor which typically shows what app has used how much data. Other options are available through your particular App Store. 

Appreciate what your saying about your current data allowance and the cost to increase it. I believe there are options to add more data manually if one is getting low on data and it's a reasonable period of time before your refresh date. Link.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I fully understand the problem with the text being sent (which I do not rely on) and the actual data left. My point is that I received the text at 01:30 and checked the app at 01:32, a difference of 2 minutes, not long enough to make a difference of 150mb! The other point as the fact that the CS rep clearly did not understand the point I was making, again not really good enough. They told me the 1st text is sent at 80% useage, which in my case would be 100mb left, but they tried to tell me it was 200mb which is not 80% of my allowance!