Ask

Solution

Dongle / Mac issue

chen23
2: Seeker

Hi

sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find a quick answer easily

I have a mac airbook and a VF contract dongle which I bought about a year ago and only used a couple of times back then

Just got it out again as I plan to use it when I go away to France next week but seem to be having some issues getting it to work

I get the usual "Could not connect to network Check that the APN, user name and password in the current connection settings are correct." etc etc etc

Tried to create new connection, the default APN seems to be Internet, I tried Web and PPINTERNET, none of which seem to work

any help much appreciated this is driving me a bit crazy at the moment.

my contract is MBB Household Starter 500MB

2 REPLIES 2

chen23

p.s. I have it set up as contract in acount preferences

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi chen23,

The first thing to check is which version of VMB/VMC (Vodafone Mobile Broadband/Vodafone Mobile Connect) you are currently using.

If you are using an old version then I would try to download and install the latest version for Mac’s from here. (V4.07.04.00)

Also, the APN settings that you need for a contract dongle is;

APN: internet

Username: web

Password: web

Once done you should be able to connect using the dongle.

If this still fails then I would recommend putting the SIM in a Vodafone handset to see if it connects to the internet, if you have not used it for a while this will also update the SIM on the network for you.

Give this a go and let me know how you get on.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.