cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E220 Dongle - Error Connecting To Vodaphone Network

clive60
Not applicable
I have an ADVENT notebook computer with win XP operating system and a Huawei E220 mobile dongle. After a few months of reliable service I began to get problems connecting so I removed VMC lite and reinstalled it from the dongle

BUT

In the automatic mode the modem only sees an unamed network and when I try to connect to it seems to want to connect but at the last minute flags a connection error. If I use the software to search for a network it finds a Vodaphone 2G network and says it is available but when I try to connect to it I get the following message

"You are not allowed to connect to the network"

See the attached file which has a sceenshot of the messages.
5 REPLIES 5

Retired-MattJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Clive60,

Thanks for your post, this is an interesting one!

I have come across this a number of times before and for the life of me I can’t remember how to fix it, but luckily for me I do remember that it is most probably Account based.

I have sent you an email, once you have received the email please reply and we will be in touch as soon as we can.

In the mean time if you need anything else please do let me know.

Thanks

Matt
eForum Team

clive60
Not applicable
Hi Clive60,

Thanks for your post, this is an interesting one!

I have come across this a number of times before and for the life of me I can’t remember how to fix it, but luckily for me I do remember that it is most probably Account based.

I have sent you an email, once you have received the email please reply and we will be in touch as soon as we can.

In the mean time if you need anything else please do let me know.

Thanks
Matt
eForum Team

Its now 20:00 no email recieved yet but to make things a little more interesting I have just been to Stratford upon Avon and logged into the Vodaphone 3G network with no problems at all. Returned home and got the same connection error as before.

I live in Wellesbourne CV35 which is normally OK for 2G. (The signel for the unamed network is strong) so is this problem related to

1) electrical interference

2) A network transmitter problem

Clive

Retired-MattJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi there clive60,

Hmmm, that’s strange, you should have had an email by now, and I’ll re-send it now for you.

The signal will depend on where the mast is located and what obstacles are in the line of sight between you and the mast. Things like lead lined windows and old thick walls contribute to a reduction in signal along with things like Electrical interference.

I hope this clears up that a little for you.

Thanks

Matt
eForum Team

kishok
1: Seeker
hello im using e220 dongle is not working with windows 8.1 plesae help me

@kishok Our Live Chat team will be able to look in to this for you.