Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTTP Error 504: Gateway Timeout

techmind
4: Newbie
For quite some time now, http://www.northernrock.co.uk/ is rarely accessible via Vodafone's mobile broadband. There's a very long wait, then eventually it returns the 504 error. I don't think there's any problem with the website as it's perfectly viewable via the Proxify service.
I suspect it's an 'incompatibility" with the Voda http web-proxy (is there still no way to bypass this?).

(Most) other websites are fine, or only have this problem intermittently.
The problem has been observed on WinXPsp2/IE7 and WinXPsp3/IE8, with VMC 9.2.4.7868 and E220 modem.

Please can you look into this specific instance.

Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi techmind,

I've been able to replicate this issue in-house on my own phone, so we will want to get a case raised for you.

I'm emailing you so that we can take further details, and then pass a data fault template across to our Faults team for further investigation :)

Jon

eForum Team

techmind
4: Newbie

Hi techmind,

I've been able to replicate this issue in-house on my own phone, so we will want to get a case raised for you.

I'm emailing you so that we can take further details, and then pass a data fault template across to our Faults team for further investigation

Jon

eForum Team

This morning (despite it being broken for several weeks previously) access to the Northern Rock website through Voda mob bb has magically been restored. (10:25 18/07/2010)

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Techmind,

Many thanks for the update i will let Jon know. ;)

James
eForum Team

mumbles
Not applicable
Glad its not just me.

I have exactly this problem with the Northern Rock website. At one point I cleared history/cookies and got the site back for a few days but now I have no way of accesing Northern Rock.

As I am trying to 'beat BT' (by not having a landline) this is my only broadband so I am reliant upon it for online banking.

I am running on Windows Vista with Internet Explorer and really don't have the time or inclination to change how I am operating.

I look forward to your help

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi mumbles,

Thank you for posting. I've just tested this here and have found that the Northern Rock website is working without any issues. If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend trying a different web browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome.

Give that a go and let me know how you get on :).

George
eForum Team