Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTTP Error 504: Gateway Timeout

samshiells
2: Seeker

Hi, I've recently got an ipad and am playing a game called Travian and it was all working fine up until a few days ago when everytime I go to log in it says HTTP Error 504: Gateway Timeout .

I thought it may be temporary and I've cleared my history, cookies and data but still no luck. I can access the website fine when I'm at home on Wi-Fi so its not anything to do with the ipad I don't think. I also double checked it on my iphone and have the same problem.

The site in particular is http:// ty2.travian.com/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey samshiells,

Thanks for your post.

Is this still an issue? I've just accessed the site on my BlackBerry without issue. Could you clear your cookies and cache to see if the problem persists?

Cheers,

Lee

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

Pascaldo18

I am afraid I cannot help but I am having same problem.  Only over the last couple of days.

I contacted travian support who said there was nothing wrong.  I contacted vodafone who said the same!!

Not sure what to do next!

Well I'm glad it's not just me - if you figure anything out please post here! Any Vodafone reps want to see if there is a problem? Can you access the site via mobile?

As I say its fine when I'm on wi-fi but not when using 3G...

Thanks, Sam

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi samshiells and Pascaldo18

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to you both from myself and the team.

HTTP Error 504 Gateway Timeout is when a server is  (not necessarily a Web server) is acting as a gateway or proxy to fulfil the request by the client (e.g. your Web browser) to access the requested URL. This server did not receive a timely response from an upstream server it accessed to deal with your HTTP request.

Simply put the server is not being able to connect to the required service, this is because the server has not produced a timely response.

We had a case raised under INC000000247967 to ensure this was resolved as quickly as possible, please could you advise me if you are still experiencing these issues.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Unfortunately I'm still having problems.  I have produced a tracert report for the Travian support and they replied with this e-mail:

Hi,

thank you for your email.

Our technical support has now confirmed that the problem is indeed not with our servers. As you can see from the tracert report, the connection does pretty much fail to even leave vodafone's internal servers and never reaches our datacentres

Regards,
Support

Hi Pascaldo18

I’m going to send you a private message explaining how to get in contact with us so that we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Wayne

Unfortunately I don't know how to collect personal messages as this website will not allow me to log in!!

Please contact me at ******************** (email address removed for security purposes)

Thanks

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Pascaldo18

Thank you for your post, I have removed your email for security purposes.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Thanks for that.  I don't however have any messages from you??!!

Hi Pascaldo18

I've resent the details on how to contact us directly via Private Message.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon