Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help needed with error message Huawei K3565

metallishred
1: Seeker

Hello,

I'm posting on behalf of my dad. He bought a pay as you go mobile dongle to use with his laptop. When I first plugged everything in there was an error message when the vodafone mobile broadband software was installing. It had something to do with an xml file but I didnt want to mess anything up by trying to modify the file. I had a look on the forums and the general response was to download the latest version of the software. I've done this and unfortunately have an error message, a different one from the other one though:

"OneParamException: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Vodafone\Vodafone Mobile Broadband\Temp\O-FB66547AB4D21450B55AFEB11107489B.xml; ID=DeserializeError;Msg=Deserialize"

His Laptop runs Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. The dongle is a Huawei K3565. If you need any more details i'll be more than happy to share. Thank you in advance for your time! I hope there isnt a similar question on here, I didnt see one but am in a rush and didnt look too far back!

Jon

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi metallishred,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum Family, it's always great to see new faces on here :).

The error that you're seeing basically means that Windows is unable to process the installation correctly. As this has happened with the downloaded software as well, there isn't a great deal that we can do to resolve this.

The best advice I can give is that you may need to perform a system restore, or even re-install Windows. Unfortunately this isn't something that we're able to assist with directly.

George

eForum Team

Thank you for your help George! He bought his laptop second hand so i'll have to see if he has the cd to re-install windows. Thanks again. I'll keep you informed on how it all goes.

Jon

raymcc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have exactly the same problem with a K3770 dongle:

OneParamException: C:\users\%myname%\appdata\roaming\ vodafonemobilebroadband\temp\O-C52C17C027DE3E80F2884625391EC5BE.xml ;ID=DeserializeError;Msg=Deserialize

I am suprsed that Vodafone claim that this is not an issue with the Vodafone software as it seems to be a common problem, its just that the xlm page used to start the dashboard will not load.

Browsing the internet various solutions are suggested: delete and reload the latest version of dongle software version 10.2.302.33178. Use "dotnetcleanup" to delete the Microsoft .NET software and reinstall the latest version of .NET

None of this worked.

This worked for me: Delete and reinstall the Vodafone Dongle software. Ignore the error message. To access the internet via the dongle: left click on the networks symbol (bottom right of screen) Click on  Mobile Broad Band Vodafone UK. This will access the internet directly.

You can also set up a dial up connection. Using the Vodafone modem and the phone number *99# leave user name and password blank.

Finally use MSconfig to stop the vodafone software starting up everytime you switch on the computer. And set the action when the dongle is inserted to be "do nothing"

And by the way, first time you use the dongle it takes ages to load all the drivers. That why you can't just delete the Vodafone software. The drivers are somehow locked into the software