Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei Mobile Broadband Device Issues

crispyswinger1
4: Newbie

Hi Team,

I currently have a white Huawei Mobile Wi-Fi device which I use to connect my cars android system to for the purpose of providing it with mobile internet. Now when it works, it works fine...however I keep having an issue where it will randomly stop providing me with an internet connection (android head unit is still connected to the mobile Wi-Fi device though).

When the above occurs my android unit tells me to sign into the mobile Wi-Fi devices internet portal. I do this and can see that the actual signal is full, all green bars but just below that it states that it's "Disconnected". Not sure what this is referring too because as I say it's giving me all green bars and my android unit is still connected to it...but I have no connection to the actual internet.

Seems there are two solutions when this occurs (and this occurs multiple times a week):

1. Reboot the devices, this sometimes works but not always.

2. Push the little factory reset button under the battery compartment. This always seems to work.

Clearly some underlying issues here so I'm wondering if anyone can help?

Ta

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Sarah_L
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @crispyswinger1,

This does sound odd.

I'd recommend popping into your local store, so we can get the device looked at for you.

Before you do so, I'd advise that you try connecting to your mobile broadband with other devices to see if the issue persists. Let our store know your findings.

Thanks,

Sarah