cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I would like an email address to dispute my DATA usage AGAIN-2nd month running! NOT used after txt

HelenaStevenson
1: Seeker
I have not used any DATA since receiving the TXT that tells me I only have 50MG left. So WHY does my data now say I am at -14MB and am to be charged, AGAIN? This is so wrong, its unbelievable - I purposely did NOT use my data precisely for this reason - NOT to be charged, so why is this happening ? I am really cross as this is the 2nd month running this has happened!
10 REPLIES 10

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

The forum team should get to your question within 24 hours.

If the rest of the community can help, we will try, but may need to know a littl more.

What phone do you have, what plan do you have?

Most smart phones use data all day every day, email and data sync services more so.

For an example. my worst case at work has seen 70,000mb used in a month because the device decided it wanted to send an email over and over and over... and the owner didn't notice, and why would they need to.

You say you have not used any data, have you actually turned the service off on the handset, or just not activly using it?

Do you have any monitors on the handset that record what data is being used?

lw1471
4: Newbie

I'll back you up on this, there is something wrong with Vodafone mobile broadband and I don't know if it's a deliberately engineered scam to get people buying more or a bug they haven't sorted out. I think we are all owed money or free data as compensation. I doubt we'll get it or that Vodafone will be challenged until they eventually go bust as hopefully they will in a few years, as is only right and fair.

But anyway, you're not imagining things. The meter darts up with no real data use. I cannot for the life of me think what data is passing sometimes. A few days ago when I was among those affected by the topup problem my data use still went up 17mb without any use whatsoever - that's five mp3 tracks' worth.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi HelenaStevenson

I have replied to your other post here with ways of how you can get in touch.

lw1471 - If you would like us to see what's happening with your usage, get in touch here.

Thanks

Sukhi

Similar things happening to me, take a look at my post I have a Mobile wifi dongle, it too takes data whenever it feels like. Vodafone really need to get this sorted!

For N.A.S.A there is:

Never

A

Straight

Answer

For Vodafone there should be:

Data

Always

Taken

Away

For What It's Worth, it may not be a fiddle (VF's systems are far to chaotic to get that far....).

To keep your connection up and available to you there's a stream of 'conversations' between your device and the network. I can only get s poor 2G signal here, so the only way I can see if there's a connection (Voda's home page can take up to 5 minutes to load) is to look at the MiFi's statistics page - Biy! does that ratchet up the data transferred - doing nothing.

I only switch on the MiFi when I want to use it - that may be too onerous for some........

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

@MIFI-Magic – I’ve replied to your other post here.

Thanks,

Gemma

AliceW1801
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

SNAP ! I have this same problem and cannot get any answers from Vodaphone. Did you acquire an email address? Many thanks

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Did you realise that this thread has been dormant since early 2014?

There is no email address for Vodafone - you have customer services on 191 or live chat.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Indeed but thought at least worth an attempt. A shame they are both utter ****. Kind regards