Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect Geolocators on Store Finders and Mapping websites

20AllenSJ
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,  My laptop/email accounts aren't connected to my phone (yet). It never leaves the house and hasn't since I purchased it a few years ago, It has Norton anti-virus. I regularly clear temporary files, browsing history and virtually with every use clear the cache using F5.  So my question is - why does the Vodafone website, Googlemaps, Bingmaps, PC world and others all choose other locations than my home address for my location?  I keep resetting the default location to no avail.  This week I've been in Aberdeen, Godalming and Sussex, at this very moment I'm apparently in a wholesale shop near Hammersmith flyover (I'm actually typing this from North Hampshire!) and this morning I was living with a conservative councillor three towns away!  (Curiousity gets the better of me so I put the 'offending' address into Google to see what comes up!!   And what's even more peculiar is if I look at the autofill addresses on the URL address bar I can see somebody else's favorites - so I apparently I have a child who has difficulty with maths, I fly regularly and, depending on which address the pc thinks I'm living at, I also shop online regularly at stores I've never heard of or never use.  Has anybody come across this sort of problem before and how do I resolve it please?

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Viki_R
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @20AllenSJ

Sorry to hear you're having this issue.

It sounds like maybe the GPS on your phone isn't working like it should be and is glitching.

I would recommend contacting the technical team on 191 for help with this, it may be that the phone needs to be sent off to be looked at.

Thanks,

Viki