Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3565 dongle

BatEBird
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've had a K3565 dongle, which I bought with a PAYG SIM, for a few years now and I hadn't used it in ages so the SIM expired.

I've just ordered a new SIM but wanted to check my dongle is still a current model and the new PAYG mobile internet SIM will definitely work in it.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Bat E Bird,

It looks as though I may be the bearer of bad news I’m afraid. We don’t sell PAYG data only SIMs so it would seem that what you’ve ordered will be a standard PAYG SIM. You wouldn’t be able to use this in the dongle as the access points would be incorrect.

Can I ask how long it is since the SIM hasn't been used, I can't guarantee it but we may be able to reconnect it to the network. The only other option I could suggest is to get the latest PAYG dongle to suit your needs.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your reply.

I followed this link to order a SIM:  http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/mobile-internet/sim-only/index.htm because it said

Pay as you go

Get flexible internet whenever you need it, with a free Pay as you go SIM. Getting online is easy – just top up £5 and you'll get 250MB of UK data to use.

SIM cost TopUp Web access  

FREE£5

250MB UK data
Valid for up to 30 days

I followed the link to order a SIM:  https://freesim.vodafone.co.uk/orders/add?package_id=6&tracker=58f8dj&cid= and it said

Get a mobile internet free SIM card Get a mobile internet free SIM card SIM type

Standard SIMStandard SIM3G Tablet or Vodafone dongleMicro SIMMicro SIMAny 3G iPad

So I ordered the Standard Vodafone dongle because I assumed it meant any Vodafone dongle.

I bought it in 2009 and it's probably a couple of years since I used it now because it didn't work last time I tried.  In August last year, Customer Support told me "I'm sorry to inform you that your number has been disconnect and recycled. After this point there is no way of getting your number back as it goes into a pool for recycling and then gets re-allocated out to a new SIM ready for a new customer."

I am on the same position. Same dongle, and I have ordered a PAYG data SIM which arrived today. I have added credit but can't get it to connect. Keep getting RAS error code 619. I have not reinstalled the software, but have fiddled with the APN settings without any success.

I have also tried the SIM only in my car but which it recognises the network, I can't get a data connection

Hi All,

Thanks for your posts here.

@ BatEBird, you will need a new standard SIM form our website, once you have received this, pleas activate the SIM and we can then troubleshoot any issues that you may have however, you will need to make sure that this is used every 180 days to prevent it from being disconnected in the future.

@ Ringostarr14, can I ask what APN settings you are currently using with your Dongle?

Please can you confirm that you are currently using;

APN: SMART

Username: web

Password: web

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

Hi

I received my new SIM yesterday and I've managed to get my dongle up and running today.

At first, I got the RAS error code 619 and tried reinstalling the software from the dongle but it still wouldn't work.

I downloaded the latest version of Vodafone Mobile Broadband software and, after installing this, it connected first time.