Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3570-K USB Mobile Broadband & Mountain Lion

AdamStrawson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've had the a Vodafone Mobile Broadband USB stick (K3750-K) for about two years now (PAYG), I recently upgraded to Mountain Lion and upon loaded the software it popped up to say that it was out of date.

I downloaded the latest version from the Vodafone website, installed it and plugged in my USB device. 

The device is detected, but when you try and connect a dialog pops up to say the following;

"Could not create network Settings.

Check that the APN, user name and password in the current connection settings are correct"

I've looked through all the settings and preferences and can not find any mention of APN or user names, nor did I have to enter any user details with the previous software.

I'm leaving this evening for a weekend on the road with work so it's important for me to have this up and running again.

Thanks,

Adam

1 REPLY 1

Neil_Brown
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

I'm leaving this evening for a weekend on the road with work so it's important for me to have this up and running again.

The easiest thing to do would be to roll back to Lion, and then look into this when you are back, I'd have thought? I've only just upgraded to Mountain Lion, having checked all the software I need on a daily basis is compatible, but I don't use the dongle software, so have not come across this.

A second option, albeit one with financial implications, would be to get hold of a Mi-Fi device; you don't need to worry about software versions then, since no software is needed on the computer.

Neil